how to identify price reversal points - page 17

The deal in general is pipsqueaky, only the situation of this certainty is not always there. My point is that it can be done - believe it, look it up, don't believe it, boorish it.

I have no business being here at all. First you will be brought to your level, and then you will be crushed by the private parts.

What are you gentlemen talking about? About making money? "About drinking a shot of vodka, about punching someone in the face?"

===

If you want to make money, you don't have to worry about WHEN the pivot point will be, but when you NEED it. After the fact.

The rest is simple. If you're waiting for the market to give you gifts - read no further. If you are interested in profit - work on corrections.

adept:

The massive accumulation of orders at the levels is the reversal points after the trend correction.

In the 3rd wave, 2 corrective reversals can be caught, and they can be identified by a sharp acceleration of price movement with low volumes at the levels described in the classics of thechanalysis.

Can you give an illustrative example? I.e. to show how it happens

andreybs: So what is the mistake, has anyone analysed it?

The error is in fitting the historical data - they have tried to explain this to you before.

Svinozavr:

I have no business being here at all. First you will be brought to your level, and then you will be crushed by the private parts.

What are you gentlemen talking about? About making money? "About drinking a shot of vodka, about punching someone in the face?"

===

If you want to make money, you don't have to worry about WHEN the pivot point will be, but when you NEED it. After the fact.

The rest is simple. If you're waiting for the market to give you gifts - read no further. If you are interested in profits - work on corrections.

You should not take it so personally. There are no fools here - some need to keep the cumulative position at zero, others need to see where they hold, that's all. In fact, the pip by pip trade is not that it will be so, but like suddenly it will be so - the channel, by idea, so it is easier to perceive.

adept:

General conclusion: it is pointless to consider entry points without exit points.

I agree. In my case the target is the opposite border of the channel. Further - to squeeze out as much trailing as possible taking into account the channel width and its slope.

adept:

About the reversal.

Global trends and their reversal depend on fundamental factors. It is not realistic to trade them with small deposits.

These trends are formed by big players (there are not so many of them).

Using trend entries after corrections is possible.

Good point. I realised this on a previous version of my TS.

After filtration, the minor corrections are attenuated. Only those that approach or even break out of the channel borders are left.

adept:

If we assume that intraday corrections are formed by average players in order to make profit on small ones, then it is possible to use SOT indicators to separate small trades from other players.

Didn't understand the SOT abbreviation - what is it?

adept:

The mass accumulation of orders at levels is the reversal points after a trend correction.

Are you proposing to analyse tick volumes?

adept:

I would like to discuss the oscillator period from this - andreybs 26.06.2011 13:05 - post. - Can I post the same screenshot where the oscillator period is half as long?

Below is a screenshot of the oscillator with a period of 12 and 24h (6h makes no sense as it reacts to minuscule fluctuations):

LeoV:

A mistake in fitting historical data - this has been tried to explain to you before.
So there is no need for fitting. The right algorithm will work without fitting. This is one of my quality criteria. Fitting is to increase profits, nothing more.

Svinozavr:

If you want to make money, you should be concerned not WHEN there is a pivot point, but when YOU DETERMINE it. After the fact.

It all depends on the length of that "post-factum". If there is a good correction, even after the "post-factum" there will still be time to make a successful bet. Therefore, among all reversal points it is necessary to select the significant corrections that allow making profit. This is the basic idea. All the rest are your tools. The better they are, the more accurately you will estimate the correction and see the entry point earlier.

andreybs:

I agree. In my case, the target is the opposite border of the channel. Next - to squeeze out as much as possible by trailing, taking into account the channel width and its slope.

- Trailing is not the best solution, it's better to set the stop by a fixed (optimizable) value, depending on time, profit, lot size, ... market conditions

I don't understand the SOT reductions - what is that?

- http://https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/121081 and check out the links in the bar density topic

Are you suggesting to analyse tick volumes?

- 1.tick volumes like https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10357 (shell), 2.fractal patterns like (candlestick body ratios somewhere in Code Bass), 3. hidden divergences (Simon Vine "Investing and Trading" p.424 ).

Below is a screenshot of the oscillator with periods of 12 and 24h (6h does not make sense as it reacts to minuscule fluctuations):

- Tip #1: plot the curve in the oscillator by High and the curve by Low (to be continued from here).

andreybs: Готово. Исходный и модифицированный осциллятор. Модифицированный: синяя=High, красная=Low, черная=LWMA-скорость High, серая=LWMA-скорость Low

Nothing new with this oscillator. You will make some profits on successful trends and lose on flat or uncertainty. Even your screenshot is full of losing entries. Common theme.....)))