Sessions of black magic with full disclosure. - page 2

What this scam looks like.

Scheme: Job offer -> Filling in the form -> "Confirm number" via paid SMS -> Thank you for using our service!

Files:
src.zip  6 kb

... By the way, the CV is in the database, so you can't get caught in the act either. A quality scam :) .

The impression is that texting is designed solely to scam you. I tried to deal with this case once, but you can't get through to the heavens, there are answering machines all around promising to sort out your issue for sure.

Mobile operators should be able to manage chargeable sms from short numbers - call the operator, find out and disconnect them.

Integer:

The impression is that texting is designed solely to scam you. I tried to deal with this case once, but you can't get through to the heavens, there are answering machines all around promising to sort out your issue for sure.

Mobile operators should be able to manage chargeable sms from short numbers - call the operator, find out and disconnect them.

Otozh. And they immediately disconnect the scammer, from whom they quite officially receive 50% of the cost of SMS, but are not responsible for his violations :))

:))

granit77:
Otoj. And they immediately turn off the divorcee, from whom they quite officially receive 50% of the cost of SMS, but are not responsible for his violations :))

Not just any one, just all of them can be turned off at once, just no texting from short numbers and that's it. I have it switched off, no more nonsense on my mobile.

Integer:

Not just any one, just all of them can be turned off at once, just no text messages from short numbers and that's it. I have it switched off, no more bullshit on my mobile phone.
No messages from the operator either?

Silent:
Does it not come from the operator itself either?

They don't come to me:) But that's another topic. How they are related to that function I don't know, probably not.

Integer:

Mobile operators should have a pay-per-sms management function for short numbers - call the operator, find out and disconnect.

This is the first time I have heard this, is there a link to read it?

as far as i know, how cellular operators work - they "in no way stand" for short numbers, they just connect their billing to a short 4-digit number - for which they receive their commission, the short number itself is not purchased from the operators, nor does it belong to them. By the way, telephone numbers, or rather the prefix and all numbers after the prefix - is not "free", telecom operators acquire it from the Ministry of Communications, who sells short numbers I do not know. The fault of the subscriber himself, because he personally made calls and his call (sms) was charged according to the current tariff, but about finding out information about the call on a suspicious number, the subscriber can ask for help from the customer service - they will never refuse and you will be informed of the full cost of the call (sms)