Searching for market patterns - page 2

That is, a regular Renko chart without time, but then you have to take into account that the quantum has a certain discrete value.

And whether the closest thing is a tick chart with skipping blank (with the same input-output price) ticks.

There's plenty of both on this forum.

xrust:

That is, a regular Renko chart without time, but then you have to take into account that the quantum has a certain discrete value.

And whether the closest thing is a tick chart with skipping blank (with the same input-output price) ticks.

There's plenty of both on this forum.

Firstly, in the general case, this difference, which you have called a quantum, let it be so, is not attached to any discrete value, except for the price difference. This difference may be anything, including zero, but we will not take into account the zero information, and such information will not reach us, because if there is a tick, then there is a difference, i.e. a quantum. In the Renko there is a price, but we don't have it, we don't need it. The tick chart also contains price and time, and we do not need either of them here. Now the question arises as to how to mark the quantum time on the chart - I propose to mark the time as the last quantum. If time changes and the point remains in the same place, then it is a flat, if it is so important. I think the market should not have the concept of "flat" as it is constantly in tension. We are the ones deluding ourselves by recognising flat or trending conditions. The market has proved its unpredictability more than once by jumping abruptly from a flat state.

... logic is a mess...

yosuf:

We should plot the graph as follows: For example, in 1 minute, the price increased by 10 pips-subtract it to the ordinate axis. In the next minute, it has risen again by 5 pips - again, add them to the ordinate axis. Then, by the 3rd minute, the price has fallen 20 pips, which we postpone on the abscissa axis. One point appears on the chart with the coordinates y=15 and x=20 and so on. The chart will acquire dynamism on both axes. This should make an interesting graph.

Attached is a script that draws it in Excel. Parameter - the number of bars to be drawn. The reference point is on the droppad.

The library https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8175 must be installed.

Files:
yosuf.mq4  2 kb

P.S. Visually, it is more informative if you plot the deviation from the beam at 45 degrees. I.e. just the difference between abscissa and ordinate

here is EURUSD m15 for example 1000 counts

and here is the difference (x-y)

Avals:

the appendix contains a script that draws this in Excel. The parameter is the number of bars to draw. The reference point is the droppad.

The library https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8175 must be installed

Thank you very much, I will ponder it.

Avals:
P.S. Visually, it is more informative if you plot the 45 degree deviation from the beam. I.e. just the difference between the abscissa and the ordinate

It is worth considering this option, but then we get one difference as a result of two differences, and what to choose as the second axis? Or simulate a one-dimensional "glass" in this way? If it's not difficult, please try to interpret it.

I wanted to pick on words and concepts and write a smashing post, but then I thought "the hump shall be corrected".

Is it too difficult to say in simple words that the upward move is deferred vertically, and the downward move - horizontally, or as in the original at an angle of 45%?

Find a tick chart with missing empty ticks and calm down

yosuf:

It is worth considering this option, but then we get one difference as the result of two differences, and what to choose as the second axis? Or simulate a one-dimensional "glass" in this way? If it's not difficult, please try to interpret.

in the last post already laid out. The x-axis is the reference number and actually the time :)

There is also a variant not of the difference but of the ratio. Like how many times more upwards have passed than downwards. For the same data:

it's clear that in the beginning while there's not much data, the results are unrepresentative.

Here's without the first two hundred counts:

Level 1 - equality of upward and downward growth from the beginning of the count.

And in general, this illustrates the changes in the slope of the straight line from the starting point and forward in the data plot under consideration

I think it is more useful to plot the linear regression angle from this data rather than from the two points

P.S. I think it's more useful to look at the frequency distribution for increments up and down by their magnitude. The trends are added up, not because there are more white candles than black (their number is approximately the same even on the trend plot), but because the candlestick increments are bigger. But it happens differently - sometimes due to a small number of very large increments, and sometimes due to smaller increments but in larger amounts. In general, there is some skew in certain frequencies of increments to one side