The absurdity of a stop loss - page 13

DhP:

I am sure that everyone here would be very grateful if you could intelligibly explain how to make a Stop Loss "reasonable".

Don't be in a hurry for an answer. We are prepared to wait a long time.

The smaller the stop, the more reasonable it is.

"stop" is part of the system. where is the system? how can you discuss something that directly affects "the system" in isolation from the system itself, which affects "part of the system"...

paukas:
The smaller the stop, the more reasonable it is.

Exactly! Hit the wall with your forehead straight away before you accelerate...))

It doesn't hurt as much. ))

DhP:

I'm sure everyone here would appreciate it if you could explain how to make a stop loss "reasonable".

Don't be in a hurry for an answer. We are willing to wait a long time.

wait... ))

A stop should be set where, according to our own observation, the price that "breaks through it" may go far and far against the entry.

If it is set only because you're ready to lose so much or under the previous extreme - it's bullshit.

majestic:

wait for it... ))

A stop should be placed where, according to your own observations, the price that"breaks through it" can go far and far against the entry.

If it is set only because you are ready to lose so much or under the last extremum - it is nonsense.

This is tantamount to saying that you should buy cheap and sell when expensive.

If I had known - I would have lived in Sochi... ))

DDFedor:
"How can you discuss something that directly affects the "system" without the system itself affecting the "part of the system"...

The whole point is that everyone here is discussing their own interpretation of the words "stop" and Stooploss" . And it doesn't interfere with the discussion. And you don't get in the way.)

If we talk about the system stop, I usually put it at 10-20% of the deposit (depending on the deposit), the system stop is a drawdown after which the system stops and no longer works (for fuck's sake).

DhP:

Exactly! Face straight into the wall before you accelerate...))

It doesn't hurt as much. ))

That's right. I poked and prodded and found the door.

paukas:
That's right. He poked and prodded and found the door.
That's a possibility. Looking for the market direction through several wrong trades with a small stop. God forbid we run into a long flat.

paukas:
That's right. You poke and prod and find the door.

If there's a trand behind the door and your system is trand-tracking, then yes, you can poke around. If not, you're stuck.

So the term defining a loser was born - dickhead!!!