A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades! - page 10

FAQ

How can I get the correct indicators to be automatically set on the test chart in visualisation mode?

sergeev: To do this, create a template named tester.tpl

• Place all required indicators in a chart, set up colour and other chart properties.

• Then select Template->Save Template...
    Save template as tester.tpl in the chart context menu.

If you name the template with the name of the EA you want to test, this template will automatically be called when you run the EA with the same name.

The only disadvantage of templates is the impossibility to automatically change parameters of set indicators. You will have to manually change them in accordance with the settings of the EA.

sergeev:
Posted, thank you.
I've got it! To speed up the CHAVO, you have to give incomplete or incorrect answers yourself!
There's always someone whose taste is affected by that answer, and they'll rewrite it :))

granit77:
Posted, thank you.
I've got it! To speed up the CHAVO, you have to give incomplete or incorrect answers yourself!
There's always someone whose taste is affected by that answer, and they'll rewrite it :))

No, I'm filling out the FAQ, and you posted the material I already have. So I decided to merge it and put it on the site.

sergeev:
No, I'm filling out the FAQ, and you've posted the material I already have. So I decided to merge it and put it on the website.
You'd be giving me stuff to put in the FAQ...

granit77:
You'd drop me some ready-made material to put in the FAQ...

the question is complicated. i sometimes revise the answers, make them easier to understand and add material (tags, pictures, index)

so I don't want to post it half-done.

So we agree on a provisional version too, you're not going to commission it anyway until you've licked what the material is going to be lying around.

Figar0:

... Start with very basic questions, like:

- Where should a beginner start?
- A brief description of the programme structure (terminal/tester/editor)
- Why does it not trade in the tester/terminal?
- Ways to implement your idea in code.
- Suggest a brokerage company? (don't discuss them here, if they are discussed, then very accurately, etc.)
- Check out this report...
- How to Test an EA?
- How to install and run the Expert Advisor.
- Where to look for the error (logs) and what it means?
- A Quick Start Guide for Analyzing Test/State Results.
- How to trade on bars

P.E. Yes, and it's time to open FAC, fixing it in the appropriate place, though with the label "in development" (but he always "sinks" as not edited, the topic is clearly closed to the writing, even by whom). No need to wait for its full completion, just supplement, editing the table of contents in the course of the finished material. It will be clear what has been done and how much progress has been made.

S.U.2. Let's select the 10 most common questions right here and now and quickly develop answers to them? And let this fact will begin to be useful.

- The FAQ is fixed all the time, but it flies off when editing. The problem is solved as we go along, it'll settle in.
- We complete and edit on the fly, there is a delay in materials. We're arranging it tentatively for now, suggestions are welcome.
- Your list has been put on the waiting list, it's a matter of answers ( and new questions)

It's so beautiful... Thank you!

it's even prettier here.
Files:
mql4_8.zip  285 kb