A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades! - page 4

granit77:
Just replaced the content of an existing unnecessary post.

Too bad. All right, I guess we'll just have to keep things in order...

fix that post with a new revision, I saw a mistake in the code.

and another thing - I propose to give the authors of the responses like this
Question: Can you tell me how to find the price of the last fractal?
Answer
(sergeev): For this you can.....

Maybe in this way people will come to help more actively, so their names won't be forgotten (at least even I will be pleased)

Or as Figar0 says, we will know whom to charge for errors in code. Codes can be complicated, after all...

sergeev:

and also - I propose to give the authors answers like this
Question: Can you tell me how to find the price of the last fractal?
Answer
(sergeev): For that you can.....

maybe so people will help more actively, that their names will not be forgotten (at least even I will be pleased)

The hell with their names that have not been forgotten, it would just be someone to ask them questions and point out mistakes... You have to take responsibility for your writings).

On the agenda are definitions and terms that are commonly used on all forums as well as those that are not unambiguously understood.

Starting with the terms:

spread

to

neural network.

That is all that is brewed on the forum a million times in a row, but has a multifaceted interpretation, and therefore the growth of the flub is not from the flubbery for, but from the difference of interpretation from.

joo:

all the things that have been brewed on the forum a million times over but have multiple interpretations

The problem is that you cannot fit this multifacetedness into your FAQ.
As for terms - there are plenty of online resources and trader's dictionaries... I don't feel like copying.

Completely finished with the first example. Replaced it with new text, revived the google links to the discussion.

Admired the idea of authorship. I'm as dumb as a log, I didn't think of a way to do it before. But this is a real benefit for the author, too. And they also say that Sergeev is one of the simplest Russian surnames. :))

Alexey, have a look and make some comments. I want to keep this answer instead of a sample.

Of course, a FAC post containing terms would be unreadable; you could simply put the terms in a file and attach it to the "terms" post - so that you could refer to that file when needed and when there is a dispute about the terms.

joo:
Of course, a post containing terms would be unreadable; you could simply put the terms in a file and attach it to the "terms" post - so that you could refer to that file when needed and when a dispute about terms arises.

the initiative is supported.

You owe me a file.

In my opinion, the two topics that should be in the FAQ are

"terminal crashes after upgrade - what to do?" although it may not be relevant soon :)

" functions from dll are not being called ".

oopd: the topic RSI+MA Stoch+MA etc. keeps coming up from time to time.

TheXpert:

Imho, two topics that should be in FAQ --

"terminal crashes after upgrade - what to do?" although it may be irrelevant soon :)

"dll functions can't be called"

It's all strictly individual to the code. an example of calling from a DLL is in the MT kit, you can only specify which files exactly.

But to disassemble and show a bunch of examples why it is not called.... this is not real. it's a guessing game. a person might have a different idea.

The FAQ is not suitable for this. That's what a live forum is for.

lpd: the topic of RSI+MA Stoch+MA etc. also pops up from time to time.

it's definitely going to happen. Put it on the list

sergeev:

- remove the blue bar at the top (that was an oversight)
- insert a line between Question and Answer (shift+enter)
- the last section "forum links" should have specific links (but google will do for now for demonstration purposes)

- done
- done
- links are given to search results, you can find two dozen answers there, does it make sense to change to one? The whole question is about keyword choice, these seem to have worked well.