About the feet (for the first time) - page 3

Poushkine:
That's what I'm talking about. The results are different. Put a stop of two pips on one and the other and feel the difference.
No way. We don't have any numbers, just candles without a grid. I guess we have nothing to talk about either :)

Maybe software developers imposed such a stereotype - there is only take profit and stop loss - in fact, these are only arguments of the application

but the signals in the order... This may be the opening of a position, or maybe it is the opening of a counter-open order - what in this case - a close or a stop-loss?

Mathemat:
Nisachod. We don't have any numbers, just candles without a grid. Nothing to talk to you about either :)

You're wrong. The aim of any trade - is not guessing of timeframes and statistics, but profit. If there is no profit - then our reasoning is equivalent. With all due respect to your skills as a mathematician (no irony intended).

But we've gone terribly off-topic.

I perceive a margin call (stops in the context) as a tragedy, the end of a period in life, mistakes that cannot be corrected, while a loss is quite tolerable, as well as a cost

Poushkine:

Have mercy! I asked a simple question that is critical to profit in what is called forex... And you're pushing me thimbles, and suggesting a game...

I don't give a shit where the older one is, I can only repeat what I've already said - you recognise them by their stops. Put the same stops on both charts and you will immediately know which one is the oldest. :)

Just think about it.

It's not about stops.

If you put stops of a size commensurate with the size of the average TF figure, working on the smaller of the two will prove to be less profitable than on the higher one, why?

Because the TP/spred and SL/spred ratio is better on the older TF. That's all there is to it.

My yearly 420% real for 380 handheld trades tells me I'm damn right.

YOUNGA:

But the signals applied to the order... it could be the opening of a position, or it could be the opening of a counter-order to a previously open one - what is it in this case - a close or a stop-loss?

It's a stop loss, of course.

YOUNGA:
I perceive a margin call (stops in the context) as a tragedy, the end of a period in life, mistakes that cannot be corrected, while a loss is quite tolerable, as well as a cost
Sorry, but how you (or I) perceive what is an irrelevant question - offtopic.

joo:

It's not about the stops.

If you put stops of a size commensurate with the size of the average TF figure, working on the smaller timeframe will prove to be less profitable than on the higher one, why?

Because the TP/spred and SL/spred ratio is better on the older TF. That's the whole point.

My annual 420% real for 380 handheld trades tells me I'm damn right.

here's an offtop - so offtop.

joo and how do you determine the size of an average TF pattern - is it the size of a candle on a higher timeframe?

joo:

It's not about the stops.

If you put a stop of a size commensurate with the size of the average forex shape, the work on the smaller of these timeframes will be less profitable than on a higher one, why?

Because the TP/spred and SL/spred ratio is better on the older TF. That's all there is to it.

My annual 420% real for 380 handheld trades tells me I'm damn right.

Can we put that last sentence out of brackets? Because, indeed, winners are not judged and all that - but then the discussion becomes pointless too.

"Because the TP/spred and SL/spred ratio is better on the older TF" - that's not necessarily true as far as I know. I've done research, just the opposite - candlestick size decreases on a larger timeframe, unless of course the currency is falling with a horrible squeal... Even if the currency falls, just calculate the average movement on a 15-minute candlestick, and then do the same on an hour candlestick. You will be surprised. A small candle moves harder, roughly speaking, a 1-minute candle will easily make 3 pips - but 3X60 candles = 180 pips, you need to look for it.

YOUNGA:

1) here's an offtop - so offtop.

2) joo how do you determine the size of an average TF figure - is it the size of a candle on a higher timeframe?

1) Why is it offtop? Not at all. Although, yes, a few bukafs are off-topic. no, no, not off-topic - if it wasn't, I myself would think my words are bullshit.

2) "by eye", of course.