About the feet (for the first time) - page 12

paukas:
You are. You don't know how to fight a saw.

I know... but they are very primitive.

If you can deal with an expanding triangle, you're a real Jew. I, as a Smolensk peasant, am incapable.

Please, come and guide me!

Poushkine:

I know... but they are very primitive.

If you can deal with an expanding triangle, you're a real Jew. I, as a Smolensk peasant, am incapable.

Please come and guide me!

I'll be right over to the depot when I'm done.

paukas:
I'll just finish another depot and be right there.
:)

Poushkine:
:)

In the meantime, try a quick stop to Breakeven. Oddly enough, it helps.

paukas:
In the meantime, try a quick stop loss. Oddly enough, it helps.

With my slippage, it only helps the suicidal...

Poushkine:

With my slippage, it only helps the suicidal...
Then I'm sorry. It's a net disadvantage. The only thing that helps is changing seats.

paukas:
Proportional to the root of time. This was established by Einstein. In the early 20th century for Brownian motion.
There is a dependence on the medium in which the process takes place. If it is statistically homogeneous, there will be pure diffusion with n=0.5, but if there is, say, fractality, the index can deviate, but, as a rule, insignificantly.

alsu:
There is a dependence on the environment in which the process takes place. If it is statistically homogeneous, there will be pure diffusion with n=0.5, but if it has, say, fractality, the index may deviate, but as a rule, insignificantly.

Yes, of course. The heterogeneity is created by clusters of orders. Oh they tend to huddle around visible extremes.

That is why an entry at breakout of any extremum has a small statistical advantage, unfortunately usually less than the spread.

paukas:

Therefore entering on a break of any extremum has a small statistical advantage, unfortunately usually less than the spread.

I even measured it once - on EURUSD it turns out to be around 4-4.5 "new" vs. 18 spread

paukas:
In the meantime, try a quick stop loss. Oddly enough, it helps.
Confirmed, it helps almost everywhere. The transfer level is 10-15pp. There is nothing strange about it.