[Archive! - page 33

>

Looked at Saturn today :) a 102mm refractor. high.... although the atmosphere wasn't great, but it still made me happy ))))

Are there more astronomy lovers?

I have a 70mm refractor on an azimuthal mount. Haven't used it for a long time, although I couldn't imagine myself without astronomy when I was a kid. Weak, of course, but still better than binoculars. In the city without the moon I could see stars up to about magnitude 9.5. Jupiter has a slightly distinguishable atmosphere, its 4 known satellites can be seen well. Comets of about 7-8th magnitude can still be seen as a hazy speck. Saturn's ring can be seen well but the Cassini gap cannot be seen as well as nothing on Mars. Cool to watch the Andromeda galaxy on a dark night, Orion Nebula, the Pleiades look very nice! Lots of stars! About 2002... I liked it very much to watch the motion of Venus over the sun's disk through the light filter! It's big!:))) On the moon, especially in the first and last quarter, it's very cool to see shadows from craters (cirques) on the border of light and shadow. Not exactly astronomy, but iridium flashes are still interesting to watch, but with the naked eye, especially those up to -8 -9zv.

David177:

I have a 70mm refractor on an azimuthal mount. Haven't used it for a long time, though as a child I couldn't imagine myself without astronomy. Weak of course, but still better than binoculars. In the city without the moon I could see stars up to about magnitude 9.5. Jupiter has a slightly distinguishable atmosphere, its 4 known satellites can be seen well. Comets of about 7-8th magnitude can still be seen as a hazy speck. Saturn's ring can be seen well but the Cassini gap cannot be seen as well as on Mars nothing can be discerned. Cool to watch the Andromeda galaxy on a dark night, the Orion nebula, the Pleiades look very nice! Lots of stars! About 2002... I liked it very much to watch the motion of Venus over the sun's disk through the light filter! It's big!:))) On the moon, especially in the first and last quarter, it's very cool to see shadows from craters (cirques) on the border of light and shadow. Not exactly astronomy, but iridium flashes are still interesting to watch, but with the naked eye, especially those up to -8 -9zv.

In 2004 I had Venus in the sun).

ZS: no instruments for observing celestial bodies, but I always follow astronomical phenomena with interest via the internet.

Right, 2004. These are pictures taken with a cheap webcam and a 70mm telescope. The quality is crap, but still theirs and better than nothing.

I still dream to go there (not too far away), where there will be clear weather and a total solar eclipse! To the nature with kebabs, telescopes!

As a child, before I became interested in mathematics and physics, I was literally fascinated by astronomy. I did not, of course, have such instruments, it was the wrong time. I read books.

Now, when I look at my brother's son (he is 6), he is fascinated by astronomy. He watches films and excitedly tells us about planets, billions of kilometres, huge stars, black holes. I can almost see myself, everything was the same - apart from the computer, of course...

I wonder why many people are attracted to stars? Just because it is mystical, beautiful and unimaginably far away? After all, mankind has not done anything sensible in space in the last half century, not counting thousands of satellites in Earth orbit. There was a MIR, but it was sunk. We have been building the ISS since times immemorial, now there is no financing, now there is something wrong, now there is a lag in the program, and the feeling is that the ISS construction has been given up. Hubble was built is a breakthrough, but how long did they build and launch it? Ah, yes, the debate about whether the Americans were on the moon is still going on. On Mars they gave up too, why to go there for one and a half year just to step (I mean to leave a footprint)... They were on the Moon! Instead of exciting space exploration we get utopia and lack of funding. I mean like in movies, huge ships, galaxies "zetta 2" etc. is not even science, it is just fantasy. And God grant that by 2050 at least someone will have travelled further than the moon, let alone beyond the solar system.

The fish are also spawning, probably not understanding why they are doing so ))

Glad people are into astronomy even on this forum ;) I have a look in this http://forumimage.ru/show/3133069 for now from balcony, but in city light I see, as well as David177 in 70 mm. refractor, in a city it is simply tinny, I wait for summer and transportation of telescope on 170 km. from a city, there will be fry-o-gram.....

I strongly recommend if someone has not seen it (I personally watched it 10 times) http://byaki.net/video/18825-dokumentalnyj-film-s-national-geographic.html even for someone who is absolutely indifferent to astronomy this film is not superfluous. And this is for astronomy lovers http://www.1-film-online.com/?cat=15

David177:
I wonder why many people are attracted to stars? Simply because it is mystical, beautiful and unimaginably far away? After all, mankind has not done anything sensible in space in the last half century, not counting thousands of satellites in Earth orbit. There was a MIR, but it was sunk. We have been building the ISS since times immemorial, now there is no financing, now there is something wrong, now there is a delay in the program, and the feeling is that the ISS construction has been given up. Hubble was built is a breakthrough, but how long did they build and launch it? Ah, yes, the debate about whether the Americans were on the moon is still going on. On Mars they gave up too, why to go there for one and a half year just to step (I mean to leave a footprint)... They were on the Moon! Instead of exciting space exploration we get utopia and lack of funding. I mean like in the movies, huge ships, galaxies "zetta 2" etc. is not even science, it is just fantasy. And God grant that by 2050 at least someone will have travelled further than the moon, let alone beyond the solar system.

Why so pessimistic? Especially since messenger has finally (after 7 years) made it to mercury!!! (a couple of days ago, on March 24th I think) and it has become an artificial satellite. By the way I thought the Americans would miss it or Mercury wouldn't hold it due to the Sun's high gravity and Mercury's low gravity (i.e. it would just fly by and crash into the Sun), but no....... it's clear... The Americans are at their best. By the way, I'm 80% sure about the landing on the Moon, because where did 700kg of soil come from?