[Archive! - page 32

granit77: A work of art, juicier and wittier than the original.
It's probably a bit like our Sherlock Holmes film compared to the pale English original, stupidly translated into Russian :)

Mathemat:
It's probably a bit like our Sherlock Holmes film compared to the pale English original, stupidly translated into Russian :)
Yes, the only difference is that the original isn't bad either :))

Roman.:

I wanted to reply to your previous message and it was deleted...

Mine? I don't think I've posted anything else... It must have been a poltergeist)

Mathemat:
It's probably about as our film about Sherlock Holmes in comparison with the pale English original stupidly translated into Russian :)

Our movie has an ensemble of actors that is nothing compared to theirs: Livanov, Solomin, Brondukov, Mikhalkov, Yankovsky, Karachentsev, Smoktunovsky, Shakurov, Kuravlev, Rina Zelenaya.... What great names. With such a cast, you can make a masterpiece out of any trash, and Conan Doyle is far from being trash.

They'll probably fry us soon, last time was a deluge, this time it's more likely to be pan fried. :-(

A giant ozone hole has formed over the Arctic

German scientists have claimed that a giant ozone hole has formed over the Arctic for weeks.

According to Deita.RU, about thirty stations all over the world have detected the ozone hole. The reason for its appearance is abnormally low temperatures that have actually destroyed the ozone layer.

"Argumenty i Fakty" in turn quotes atmospheric researcher Markus Rex of the Alfred Wegener Institute. "Our measurements show that at appropriate altitudes over the Arctic, about half of the ozone layer that was there has been destroyed in the last few weeks," he said. He also clarified that the process has not yet stopped and will continue for about two more weeks.

Echo Nord recalls that the depletion of the ozone layer threatens the mankind with a number of diseases, especially skin cancer.

http://www.newsinfo.ru/news/2011-03-18/ozon/749801/

Guys, what on earth is going on in our country? MP shoots kid for hitting him with a snowball

http://www.trud.ru/article/24-03-2011/260625_v_xakasii_deputat_streljal_v_rebenka.html

Why do people who belong in a mental hospital become deputies?

bolt:

Why do people who belong in a mental hospital become MPs?

Because there is nothing for a normal person to do there.

Figar0:
Because there is nothing for a normal person to do there.
Are you suggesting that any legislature is a collection of lunatics? Is that too radical an opinion or is it a metaphor?

bolt:
Are you suggesting that any legislative assembly is a collection of lunatics? Is that too radical an opinion or is it a metaphor?

I mean politics in general and all the "servants" of the people, who for some reason think it is normal to live better than the people: filth, intrigue, theft, bribery, cronyism, cars with blinkers..... I have a very low opinion of these comrades, and I have not just read the newspapers.

Figar0:

I mean politics and all the "servants" of the people, who for some reason think it is normal to live better than the people: filth, intrigue, theft, bribery, cronyism, cars with blinking lights..... I have a very low opinion of these comrades, and I have not just read the newspapers.
I agree that not the best Homo sapiens end up there, but when mental patients end up there, it's too much. I think the reason is our people's mentality - it's very hard to get the Russian bear to finally take action against this kind of lawlessness.

IMHO: Texanalysis = Cult of the Cargo.

(scratching his head) Can't insert a post containing a link, even thought I was banned. So look up the cult of the cargo on Wiki. ;)