[Archive! - page 61

IgorM:
Payback?
Do the math yourself, all the figures are there. I didn't, it's clearly large by eye.

sergeev:
I liked the topic of how alternative energy is implemented in Europe (using Germany as an example)

First of all, there are a lot of fields with wind turbines.
Secondly, in many villages (like our towns) half of the houses have solar panels instead of roof tiles.
Batteries are expensive, that is why manufacturers offer a 5-year credit. Energy comes out enough to even make its withdrawal. That is, to sell it. And it turns out that the energy sold back pays off the loan completely.

We can't achieve the German savings. I'm not ready to break my eyes under a dim light bulb and turn on the TV for two hours on my day off. Nor am I prepared to live in houses with no heating in bedrooms, like the English.
And besides, I don't really believe those stories. No matter how I calculate, today even at wholesale Chinese prices solar panels for "3...5 kw" will cost $25...30k. In fact, this is peak power for Florida, we will have 0.5 ... 1.0 kw in the bright sun. Not talking about wind turbines at all, our normal breeze is below their touch threshold.
And as for selling power to the grid, in that programme on our TV, the community minister murmured quietly at the end that they still have "a small hydroelectric power station".

sergeev:

bottom

glass

throat

)))
well, well... next... that's the fun part!

if it's a gimmick, I'm not participating :) it could be anything you want.

for example, empty... it's...

There was beer.

sergeev:

if it's a prank, I'm not involved :) it can be whatever you want it to be.

No, no! that's not how I put it - it's real and when I tell you (if no one guesses) you'll be surprised at the simplicity of the answer yourself!

Mathemat:
There was beer.

Appreciated the joke. That's amazing... Alexei, would you mind pointing that out? In person, on YouTube, whatever...

I don't know, just pointing a finger :)

Unless you put your finger in the neck and push it against the wall and pull it out sharply. It would make a pop, like opening a bottle. It doesn't have to be beer, though.

P.S. Still, there was something in "o" there, and this particular gesture demonstrates it: there was booze!

By the way, I recently wondered about the origin of the word "de-monster-ize"...

By the way, as a linguist, let me ask (this has already been, I think, but okay):

Name one other noun with the same ending other than porch, ring, egg.

Another one exists. Yes! Don't bother with derivatives, like coat, letter, etc.

===

Ring.

And whoever names the fifth one, I'll give you 100 bucks for your wallet!

Svinozavr:

By the way, as a linguist, let me ask (this has already been, I think, but okay):

Name one other noun with the same ending other than porch, ring, egg.

Another one exists. Yes! Don't bother with derivatives, like coat, letter, etc.

===

Ring.

And whoever names the fifth one, I'll give you 100 bucks for your wallet!

face, scherzo

Svinozavr:

Name one other noun with the same ending except porch, ring, egg.

Face.

-------

More mystery.

Puzo, iron, aviso...

Is there more?