Don't tell me then that TA doesn't work - page 20

Finished the post above. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Avals:

funny :) Do that and your next trade will always be profitable, then optimize it again ;)

Does it ever occur to you that optimisation is part of the TC?

Listen to you, if the optimiser is in the code itself (internal hidden tester) of the TC, that's fine. But if optimization is performed outside the code (in an external tester), then it's crap.

hrenfx:

Does it ever occur to you that optimisation is part of the TC?

Listen to you, if the optimiser is in the code itself (internal hidden tester) of the TC, it's OK. And if the optimization is done outside the code (in an external tester), that's crap.

Don't give me too much credit :) I didn't write it and didn't mean it. What's hilarious is this "On an OOS of only one day you usually have only one trade, but it's always profitable" and all the reasoning on this basis

Well, you're not the only one here who will be smiling. It doesn't fit into the standard approaches to determining the fit of a TC.

The hardest part is thinking for yourself.

hrenfx:

Well, you're not the only one here who will be smiling. It doesn't fit into the standard approaches to determining the fit of a TC.

Again you have a revolutionary approach))) Now you're getting the hang of fitting. you're on fire :)

If there is a revolution, it is in kindergarten. Wrote simple and obvious things. People (most) are hostage to unconsciously imposed stereotypes of how things should be and how they should be. And the more a person "knows", the more hostage they become. Because quite implicitly he begins to think in terms of stereotypes, which are based on the assertions of self-established authorities (many traders have said so, in many books, many works on the subject, etc.).

hrenfx:
People (most) are hostage to stereotypes unknowingly imposed on them....

Stereophones :)

hrenfx:
And the more one "knows", the more one becomes a hostage.
You seem to be quite "free" :)

Demi:

You've got a very aggressive and insulting start. Maybe there are good people among those who say so? Otherwise it turns out that Warren Buffett is a goondos, and the former chairman of the Fed is a whiner, and some of the traders in Schwager's works are fluderasts.....

If I am not mistaken in the hrenfx test results, the 9-month trading yield was about 3.4%? And if someone puts that amount into a AAA bank and gets a return of, say, 5% over the same period? Then he can say that you are a goondos and TA is self-defeating?

Farnsworth:

Is it so hard to read further, in your favourite f...pedia:

While many technical analysts believe that their technique gives them an advantage over other traders, not all researchers share this belief. Technical analysis of price charts in the past does not allow us to guess the "reversal points" of prices in the future, and when prices develop in an already known direction, thechanalysis gives a simple "buy and hold" strategy.

Among the critics of thechanalysis there are quite a few successful investors. For example, Warren Buffett says the following: "I realised that technical analysis doesn't work when I turned the price charts 'upside down' and got the same result." Peter Lynch gave an even sharper assessment: "The price charts are great for predicting the past.

The dogs bark, the caravan moves (c) Oriental proverb

Happy Holidays!

The latest version 2.0 of Gold Dust is available at: http://gold-dust.info/ru/downloads

-Aleksey-:
To tell you the truth, I am disgusted by the way you communicate. It is not for you to decide who will discuss what, and who will be led into what. Nobody owes you anything. I can give you a link, of course, but not to you. You can discuss your allergies in a dedicated thread.

Is that a pain in the ass? I'm sorry.

hrenfx: