New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal 387 and MetaTrader 4 Data Center build 387 - page 14

ANG3110:

OK, I'll have a look at the article you're referring to.

About the under-loaded data... Now, because of the passage of time, I can't quote the logs. But it looked something like this.

On American broker ATC, EA was left on and the terminal was closed. The next day the terminal was opened and after opening and automatic login there was a pause with no quotes. The Expert Advisor sent an additional request to open a position and the history started to be swapped and the position was opened according to the previous day's calculations in the area where it should have been closed but it was just opened and instantly lost against the market that was moving in the opposite direction. I do not remember how much I lost, but it was a lot.

I understood what you mean. It is a known situation. It is best to control it yourself, but the code will not be very simple.

And about the market going somewhere - you have to be fully prepared for that, because you're initially working in an ultra-risky market.

Here is another case. I abandoned an Expert Advisor and its algorithm includes calculation of a channel, something similar to Bollinger, but it requires many bars because it has an adaptation algorithm. I did not see the moment when the trade started, but I saw it about 20 minutes later. It turned out that deviations from the adapted average were not considered and the channel broke in the line, as if lying on the average. My Expert Advisor was opening and closing one position after another and it lost about $4,500 in 20 minutes by 0.2-0.3 lots. 4,500$ in a totally winning market. This could happen if there was very little data or something was missing for the design I presented above.

Again... You have to foresee this situation in your Expert Advisor and forbid it to trade.

Now I always disable EAs after trading. When I reopen the terminal, I wait till the data is pumped and only then I switch EAs on and then, usually, I can leave them on for a long time.

This is a great option

The following is clear from all this discussion.

Automatic trading is best not done. The latest innovations are vague at all. What is going on in the terminal is unclear. How to control what is happening is not clear.

There is no clear explanation. Only fragmentary speculations torn out of context. And I have a feeling that I need to retrain. To throw something out of my experience. And if I already did it almost automatically, I have to find new approaches and force myself to do programs in a new way. Yeah.

By the minefield in the market there was a clear understanding that anything can be expected from the developers of the terminal at any time.

nen:

The following is clear from all this discussion.

Automatic trading is best not done. The latest innovations are vague at all. What is going on in the terminal is unclear. How to control what is happening is not clear.

There is no clear explanation. Only fragmentary speculations torn out of context. And I have a feeling that I need to retrain. To throw something out of my experience. And if I already did it almost automatically, I have to find new approaches and force myself to do programs in a new way. Yeah.

By the minefield in the market there was a clear understanding that anything can be expected from the developers of the terminal at any time.

I feel like answering... And with Russian swear words... I'll refrain...

Previously had a negative view of those who did their development in C and only used metatrader to get quotes from it.

But this approach seems to be paying off. Gets rid of dependency on....

AlexSTAL:
I feel like answering... And with Russian swear words... I'll refrain...
Yeah. I've got some swear words running through my head, too....

nen is banned for one month.

Rosh:
nen is banned for a month.

so it "had to happen" https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/132152

A programmer confident in his or her genius has every right to be overconfident, but has no right to fight against reality, especially when people try to help him or her and go out of their way to find problems. One must either understand the code or admit one's mistakes. Repeatedly (it is not the first time in many years that he has done so), speaking in a D'Artagnan pose with hilariously offensive statements leads to a legitimate result.

Renat:
A programmer confident in his genius has every right to be confident but no right to fight reality...

That's a debatable statement - he does have that right, and just as much as you do - you're sure of something too ;)

so he's using it... But you're only the administrators of this forum and not of life. You're not going to give him a ban on his right to have his own opinion which doesn't coincide with yours, are you? ;)

by the way here

Rosh 03.03.2011 10:39

It would be very appropriate to mention not only the time limit but also the reason for it, something like "for violating p__ forum rules by saying that ____". then there won't be any questions or complaints ;)

f.t.:

I think it's debatable that he has a right and so do you - you're just as sure of something ;)

so he's using it... But you're only the administrators of this forum and not of life. You're not going to give him a ban on his right to have his own opinion which doesn't coincide with yours, are you? ;)

by the way here

Rosh 03.03.2011 10:39

It would be very appropriate to specify not only the time limit but also the reason for it. something like "for violating forum rules by violating ____". then there would be no questions and no claims ;)

Everyone is entitled to a personal opinion, but no one has the right to insult others.

In this case it's all perfectly transparent - two forum members expressed their extremely negative stance on nen's post, which was followed by a ban, while Renat clearly explained why he was banned.