New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal 387 and MetaTrader 4 Data Center build 387 - page 6

I fully agree with ANG3110. Gentlemen of the developers! This is not the way to do it. We have to test on those terminals where the 388 version has not yet reached.

There was a suggestion to make reinitialisation controlled by the programmer. Now in 387-388 builds this process is uncontrollable. The programmer cannot understand what is going on. No intelligible explanations were given. Emotions about point 6 are justified.

nen:

There was a suggestion to make reinitialisation controlled by the programmer. Now in 387-388 builds this process is uncontrollable. The programmer cannot understand what is going on. No intelligible explanations were given. Emotions about item 6 are justified.

I don't have any reinitializations. What am I doing wrong?

I am willing to help you sort out your problem, please contact me in person.

ANG3110:

The terminal update Build 388 has just arrived.

We'll get to the bottom of it.

Renat:
We will look into it.

Thanks for understanding, that's reassuring. I was getting so frustrated...

I personally do not have problems with re-initialisation of custom indicator buffers. But it would be nice if it re-initializes all of the custom indicator, including the global variables. At the first start, the global variables may store some values that are not recalculated during reinitialization of the indicator buffers, for example, the structure bars=Bars-1.

And even more important than reinitialization is the presence of a function that indicates that the history is completely downloaded from the trade server after the terminal is opened. Many EAs write calculation algorithms directly in them and if the history is underinflated, they do not calculate correctly and can open positions in a wrong place. I've lost a lot of money on this more than once. Now I have to check with my eyes if everything is downloaded before enabling an EA to trade. Of course, in a special case it can be solved by comparing TimeCurrent with TimeLocal, but such a solution would be half-hearted and dependent, moreover, it would concern only the 0-th bar. So if there is a function that shows the full history loading for the current symbol, you can reliably calculate and turn on indicators, scripts and Expert Advisors simultaneously.

I agree with the request of ANG3110. I was really disappointed by the absence of any indicators in the 388 build after the visual testing. After all, the visual mode is what you run to visually see how the system works.

Please sort it out and return this function back. People will be very grateful, I am sure.

AlexSTAL:

I don't have any reinitialisation. What am I doing wrong?

I am willing to help you sort out your problem, email me privately.

For God's sake. Help the thousands of people who use ZUP.

Put a test and install ZUP. And see what happens. And besides ZUP there are a dozen or more other indicators. And thousands of people have it all fixed and send them the corrected versions. Moreover, someone uses ZUP and the first versions. At the end it turns out that several hundreds of indicators should be corrected. Can you handle it?

And for now it is only on testing. I do not want to experiment and put it live, during trading.

I will not fix these glitches. Let the one who did it fix it.

Files:
zup_v92.rar  65 kb

nen:

For God's sake. Help the thousands of people who use ZUP.

Put in a test and install ZUP. And see what happens. And besides ZUP there are a dozen or more other indicators. And thousands of people have it all fixed and have the fixed versions forwarded to them. Moreover, someone uses ZUP and the first versions. At the end it turns out that several hundreds of indicators should be corrected. Can you handle it?

And for now it is only on testing. I do not want to experiment and put it live, during trading.

I will not fix these glitches. Let the one who has done this fix it.

Eugene! You should put your emotions aside... you don't need them, don't need them...

I am willing to help you sort out your fears, or really find the real flaw, but do it all on your side by tracking and comparing the situation.

I.e. two versions of terminals (22x and 38x) from the same broker and even the same account are installed on the same computer. Logging indicators are installed and the situation is monitored...

Put it on and see what's in the tester. Compare. Make corrections. You're interested, do it.

I do not care. I have no problems. I can re-do it for me, to make it work properly. But I cannot redo all of the indicators that other people use.

I have tried to make changes when making new versions so that the old settings work. THIS IS THE RULE - NEW VERSIONS MUST ALSO WORK WITH SETTINGS FROM OLD VERSIONS!

ADDING NEW SETTINGS AND CHANGING OLD ONES MUST NOT BREAK THE PROGRAM. What do we see now, for example, when a new build of MT5 appears? The "old" functions of the language are often changed in such a way that it is necessary to rewrite the programs already created on the basis of this language. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THIS IS UNPROFESSIONAL! THIS IS AMATEURISH. WITH THIS APPROACH, SERIOUS PEOPLE WILL TREAT METATRADER AS A SECOND-RATE SOFTWARE PRODUCT!!! AND MT4 388!!!! THE BUILD IS DONE IN THE SAME WAY.

version 4 of metatrader will be in use for 6 years in the summer and still making changes to the program that disrupt the programs written in mql4.

THIS IS NOT NORMAL. IT IS ABNORMAL WHEN YOU HAVE TO TORTURE THE DEVELOPERS TO FIND OUT VARIOUS DETAILS OF WORKING WITH MQL4. IT IS ABNORMAL WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE CUNNING EXPERIMENTS TO FIND OUT HOW A PROGRAM - A METATRADER - WILL BEHAVE IN THIS OR THAT CASE.

nen:

Put it on and see what's in the tester. Compare. Make corrections. You are interested, do it.

I do not care. I have no problems. I can re-do it for me, to make it work properly. But I cannot redo all of the indicators that other people use.

I have tried to make changes when making new versions so that the old settings work. THIS IS THE RULE - NEW VERSIONS MUST ALSO WORK WITH SETTINGS FROM OLD VERSIONS!

ADDING NEW SETTINGS AND CHANGING OLD ONES MUST NOT BREAK THE PROGRAM. What do we see now, for example, when a new build of MT5 appears? The "old" functions of the language are often changed in such a way that it is necessary to rewrite programs that have already been created on the basis of this language. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THIS IS UNPROFESSIONAL! THIS IS AMATEURISH. WITH THIS APPROACH, SERIOUS PEOPLE WILL TREAT METATRADER AS A SECOND-RATE SOFTWARE PRODUCT!!! AND MT4 388!!!! THE BUILD IS DONE IN THE SAME WAY.

OK, your position is clear.