Where is the line between fitting and actual patterns? - page 49

Gerasimm:
I do not understand the thought process. Alcohol or overworked? I'm on the fact that there is no boundary. Everything fits into the story. There are no options. Why discuss it so much? :о)

You are getting confused, first you need statistics on the egregious reasons of the incomprehensible behavior of instruments, then you make your forecasts at the left part of the chart.

SZS: Do not be rude, I am completely sober and my train of thought repeats your style of stating patterns, you can not be direct and specific, why the cholivar spread for 3 pages?

Gerasimm:
I'm on the fact that there is no edge. Everything is moulded to the story. There are no options. Why discuss it so much? :о)
If the absence of a facet is a fact for you, then what are you doing in this thread? Saving mankind from delusions? It is more productive to roll a stone on a mountain, at least ask Sisyphus, he is experienced.

MetaDriver:

Well, you can when you want to! Already ninety percent constructive. It's quite suitable for productive activities.

So, with this set of restrictions, is there anything useful to say on the topic?

:о).. To begin with, the correlations need to be established over a reasonable period and the factors need to be considered on a case-by-case basis, as we are talking about technical features.

Jingo:

Where is the line between fitting and actual patterns?

1. When we see what we want to see, it's a fit.

2. When we see what we don't want to see, it's a pattern.

3. When we don't see what we want to see or want what we don't see is a pattern. )))

IgorM:

You are confused, now you need statistics on the egregious reasons for the unclear behavior of instruments, and now you are making forecasts at the left part of the chart.

SZS: do not be rude, I am absolutely sober and my way of thinking repeats your style of stating patterns, you can not directly and specifically, for what cholivar started for 3 pages?

I wasn't expounding a pattern.I was giving one of the many examples where some information, which can often resolve confusions, is ignored for absolutely incomprehensible reasons.And I wasn't being snarky :o), I was just asking, why the confrontation at all? Everything is clear ...

artikul 30.01.2011 00:17

... simple and tasteful. +1

Gerasimm:
:о).. The first thing to do is to put together a "bouquet", find out the correlations over a reasonable period and then consider the factors on a case-by-case basis, and we are talking about technical features.
It is quite constructive. 100%. But it is not the subject of the topic. You go to Dickfix's thread (for those concerned about multicurrency). Here, it's about the FRONT between fitting and regularity.

MetaDriver:
Quite constructive. 100%. But off-topic. You should go to Dickfix's thread (for those concerned about multicurrency). Here it's about the FRONT between fitting and optimisation.
I'm aware of that. I'm not going to do that. I configured the idea in principle, but until the computer does not distinguish the cat from the cat by external signs, it is useless to bother with it. And when it does, the market will have a completely different look... :о)

Gerasimm:

Some information is ignored for unknown reasons, which can often resolve misunderstandings

well, that's psychology you're talking about ;)

it is the human nature to give some mysterious meaning to incomprehensible phenomena or to look for the root causes after the fact

IgorM:

you're talking about psychology ;)

It is human nature to give some mysterious meaning to incomprehensible phenomena or to look for the root causes after the fact

So we are prone to fitting in :o). Again, the answer is on the surface.

Tags. I don't know what this argument/holivar has to do with the search/birth of truth, but it seems that I have managed to identify for myself the answer to the topic of the thread.

The boundary is between the left and right parts of the graph and is defined as follows:

If this particular TS, being optimized on the left part of the chart is statistically inclined to "profit-tail "** on the right part of the chart - then there is a pattern.

Otherwise it is a useless fitting.

// statistically inclined* - in this context, we mean multiple (1) shifts of optimization timeframes and (2) change of trading instruments

// "Profit-tail "** - "after-effects". Statistical plus-profitability in the adjoining future.

This definition takes into account the possibility of existence of both "eternal" andtemporary patterns.

The marked boundary is precise in a qualitative sense. Then there are only quantitative assessments(time of life, degree of manifestation, etc.). Or a rubbish bin.