[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 419

Why is a confidently flipping EA not making a profit when the rules are reversed?

ZZZEROXXX and why should it make a profit?

Thank you!

I understand that the Expert Advisor has no possibility to draw lines from an array from a buffer? For these purposes, do you need to run the indicator in parallel with the Expert Advisor?

ZZZEROXXX:
Why is a confidently flipping EA not making a profit when the rules are reversed?
because of the spread

Cmu4:

I understand that the Expert Advisor has no possibility to draw lines from an array from a buffer? Is it necessary to run the indicator in parallel with the Expert Advisor for these purposes?

Condor told you that the Expert Advisor can draw lines only with objects using ObjectCreate.
You can hang an indicator on the same chart, but in this case, you see the indicator data, while you want to see the data which is handled by the EA directly.

granit77:
Search for "Depth Deviation Backstep parameters".

The best search result is the branch "What are the ZigZag parameters responsible for?"

Sorry, I've read all this nonsense - it doesn't clarify anything.

Especially striking is the phrase: "Depth is the minimum number of bars on which there will be no second high (low) less (more) by Deviation pips than the previous one, that is, ZigZag can always diverge, but converge (or shift the whole) more than by Deviation, ZigZag can only after Depth bars. The Backstep is the minimum number of bars between the highs (lows).

What is there to converge/diverge to? The zigzag has only one line, it is not the Bollinger Bands, which constantly converge and diverge.

And I don't understand at all - how a zig-zag can "move"(???). The zig-zag moves between highs and lows by a given percentage/number of points between those extremes. That's how it's implemented in Metastock, Amibroker,.... But here - I say: put some zig-zags on the chart: 3,5,3; 3,50,3; 3,500,3 and 3,5000,3 - and they all matched. How is that possible?

insider42:

Sorry, I've read all this nonsense - it doesn't clarify anything.

Especially striking is the phrase: "Depth is the minimum number of bars on which there will be no second high (low) less (more) by Deviation pips than the previous one, that is, ZigZag can always diverge, but converge (or shift the whole) more than by Deviation, ZigZag can only after Depth bars. The Backstep is the minimum number of bars between the highs (lows).

What is there to converge/diverge to? The zigzag has only one line, it is not the Bollinger Bands, which always converge and diverge.

And I absolutely do not understand how the zig-zag can "move" (???). The zig-zag moves between highs and lows by a given percentage/number of points between those extremes. That's how it's implemented in Metastock, Amibroker,.... And here - I say: put a few zig-zags on the chart: 3,5,3; 3,50,3; 3,500,3 and 3,5000,3 - and they all matched. How is that possible?

Have you tried thinking about it? Sometimes it helps. But not for everyone.

Do you want to try answering in essence?

Good day! advise an advisor which in your opinion is more or less working and which can be put on a real account(first check)

Gentlemen programmers! Please help me to write an Expert Advisor based on the i-Regr indicator.
The principle is idiotically simple... When the value of the indicator upper line (value2) is above 1.43 there is
one sell deal, when the value of the indicator lower line (value3) is less than 1.40, the sell is closed, and one
buy deal is closed when value2 is above 1.43. The values 1.40 and 1.43 I chose approximately, because
need to adjust depending on the timeframe, so it is desirable to be able to change them in the properties of the EA, but not in the program, because I am not too tech savvy in programming.

I am very grateful to those who will respond.
formayl@mail.ru
Files:
i-regr.mq4  5 kb