[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 304

artmedia70:
Shaitan-idiot!!! :)))...
It's nice to see a quite natural cheer on the faces of manly programmers...

Is it possible to know if an object (e.g. a rectangle) is selected or not?

Thank you!

chief2000:

Thank you!

No

artmedia70:
Shaitan-idle!!! :))) It shows that the author of the indicator did not think about you, when he wrote the code to delete all objects of a specified type. You should have written code to find your objects by their name and only delete them.

That's the thing: the names of my lines are written in the code, but they are standard: HorizontLine and TrendLine, and I try to give my lines their own names, but the result is the same. Or maybe I got it wrong and they are the names of my lines: ObjectsDeleteAll();
// for (int i=1;i<=10;i++)
// {
// ObjectDelete("HHL_"+i);ObjectDelete("HL_"+i);
// ObjectDelete("HLL_"+i);ObjectDelete("LL_"+i);
// ObjectDelete("HC1_"+i);

and they are in unmentioned string.

chief2000:

Thank you!

If it's not a secret, why? Look up an object by name and do with it as you wish. Or are there some mysteries of handling objects that are unknown to ordinary people?

Vinin:

No
Thank you!

DhP

granit77

artmedia70

It's nice to see some quite natural animation on the faces of manly programmers...

I was just asking to liven things up. I remember in the first part of Any Novice Question - 1, there was an option to add emoticons, or my female memory fails me. That's it, that's it, don't bother answering, and please don't ban me.

ksyusha-Z:

DhP

granit77

artmedia70

It is nice to see on the faces of courageous programmers quite natural animation ...

I was just asking to liven things up. I remember in the first part of Any Novice Question - 1, there was an option to add emoticons, or my female memory fails me. That's it, that's it, don't bother answering, and please don't ban me.

It's a pity to send such a nice avatar to the ban... :) Our moderators, in fact, are courageous programmers, so that they courageously understand ...

ZS. Take a look in my personal profile.

artmedia70:
If it's not a secret - why? Search for an object by name and do with it as you wish. Or are there some mysteries of handling objects unknown to common people?

I want to manually "draw" entry points on a chart (the code cannot describe them accurately enough yet) and then select the best values of Stop Loss, Profit, Breakeven and Trailing (for semi-automatic trading) through Expert Advisor optimization. And repeat this for different timeframes and currencies.

The easiest variant is probably to draw rectangles - to highlight them for purchases, and to use unselected ones for shorts. But since it won't work, the other option is to use two colours - it's more bothersome, though quite possible.

The calm before the storm. Let's get ready for a new week. Fat profits and skinny (like my chow) moose to you, dear programmers and other profiteers in the coming week.