[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 192

Can I do MessageBox without buttons? I just want to display information in the upper right corner

granit77:
What I meant was this.

Well, I wrote that I want it in init, because if you make a flag in the start - it will be checked every time

Dear MQL4 users! I would like to know what kind of profitability of the Expert Advisor (for example, for one year) you think is worthy? Not in %, and not in absolute values of the deposit currency. This is secondary. It depends on the lot, on the percentage of used funds. The question is about the profit of the Expert Advisor in pips. I`d like to know the drawdown, but please, don`t make fun of it. The question is not rhetorical! What to strive for????????

eddy:

Well, I wrote that I want it in init, because if you make a flag at start, it will be checked every time

Well, Victor gave you an idea, why not build on it? I've been using such a design for a long time:

bool        FirstStart        = true;

//-----------------------------------------------------------------
int init()                             
{
   Equ_OLD=AccountEquity();

if (FirstStart) {
         Equ_Start=Equ_OLD;
         EquPerc=Equ_Start/100*PercentEquityForClose;   
         FirstStart=false;
      }

Informations();                                 // Вывод информации
   return;                                         // Выход из init() 
}

The drawback of this construct is that init() is launched again during reinitialization and not the original data are saved. That's why they suggest using global variables of the terminal in such a construct.

I've given you a lot of ideas - go ahead... :)

Good afternoon? How do I open the tpl file?

kulon:

Dear MQL4 users! I would like to know what kind of profitability of the Expert Advisor (for example, for one year) you think is worthy? Not in %, and not in absolute values of the deposit currency. This is secondary. It depends on the lot, on the percentage of used funds. The question is about the profit of the Expert Advisor in pips. I`d like to know the drawdown, but please, don`t make fun of it. The question is not rhetorical! What to strive for????????

There is no definite answer to this question.

It does not matter how much money the Expert Advisor may earn, what is important is that it does not lose the deposit.

Strive to create an Expert Advisor, which you could entrust with any amount of money.

artmedia70:

1. Well, Victor gave you an idea, why not build on it?

2. I've been using such a design for a long time

1. I told you - because if you make a flag at start - it will be checked every time.

2. how to wait for and remember the time of first tick in milliseconds i can't see

eddy:

1. I told you - because if you make a flag at the start - it will be checked every time.

2. how to wait and remember the time of the first tick in milliseconds I do not see

Put it in global terminal.

what to take out? tick time? but how to wait for it in init-e?

eddy:
take out what? the tick time? but how do you wait for it in init-e?

Why actually init?

Wait at start, write it to global, if you are afraid of losing it, write it to the terminal's global.