What is your internet speed? - page 8

granit77:
Yes, people's conditions are fabulous. But my ISP has a unique feature. During crashes when nothing opens, not even the ISP website, the ticks on MT keep going! I'll have to try the position next time to expand my knowledge of working in extreme conditions. :))
You don't need DNS for ticks. That's why they are ticking.

As you can see, both the ping is very fast - 3ms, and the speed is decent. All the fun for 450 roubles a month.

A ping of up to 30ms is good enough. For example, if you trade on the news (or rather, if the software trades on the news, such as Oracle Trader) fine. What to say about a ping of 1-2-3 ms... Very, very, very OFFICIAL!

Question about news for which the delay is significant:

Are they timely? What in the world can happen to think about a ping?

Realistically, nothing. Unless it's the end of the world...

===

But there's not much point in getting worked up about it either...))

Svinozavr:

Question about news for which the delay is significant:

Are they timely? What in the world can happen to think about a ping?

Realistically, nothing. Unless it's the end of the world...

===

But there's not much point in getting worked up about it either...))

:-)

granit77:
Bryansk, Domolink. 2.0mb for $20 a month.
I'm going to hit the wall...

I have the same speed so far. Although I want to switch to 50 mb for the same money (almost the same)

ADSL, unlimited, stable 10-12 Mbps (promises up to 24) $15 per month.

Tresk:

A ping of up to 30ms is good enough. For example, if you trade on the news (or rather, if the software trades on the news, such as Oracle Trader) fine. What to say about a ping of 1-2-3 ms... Very, very, very OFFICIAL!

About 3 years ago I opened an account at ATCbrokers.com and I had a chat with Mike from tech support. I had a few questions about it, ping was about 150 amps. My ping was about 150 ms. He told me that I cannot trade with such pings. Said that the allowable ping is up to 50ms and recommended to increase the slippage by 1p for every 10ms of ping. Then rented a VPS server in close proximity to their server, the ping went down to 9-12ms.

Internet speed, SpeedTest pings have almost nothing to do with HFT trading.

If you want to do HFT, at least read the information here (point "Taking data collection seriously").

ATC has a rather crooked bridge to the native FXCM plattform Trading Station. So the timing of receiving a trade order from a client is critical for them (as well as the frequency, you can easily screw up the bridge), otherwise they will be inundated with complaints.

Better to use one of the FXCM APIs instead. Then the MTS will work as if executed in the broker's native platform. You will be able to see the excellent logs in your "personal area" and solve problems directly with the broker. In addition, the execution of the orders will be the best possible.

And of course, apart from slippage, the trading conditions directly will be better (spreads are the same and commission is lower).

VPS for MTS through market orders is best for FXCM to take in Los-Angeles (they have trading servers there). If you are only working via orders, it makes almost no difference where your MTS is located.