Pair theory - page 6

alex_itr:
Give me a good indicator that can be successfully used in trading, I will add "send order". If it will show bad results on history, it means that it is not a "good indicator" and all its positive features are made up by someone's imagination.
What does "give" mean? Do you want to buy it?

paukas:
What do you mean "give"? Would you like to buy?
How much is the opium of the people? XD

paukas:
What do you mean "give"? Do you want to buy?

You're being ironic, I'm willing to pay for good EAs and indicators, but somehow 99% of EAs have some problems.

The authors of some EAs run tests on a certain range (not on all past price information). You ask them why not on all quotes. They say: "The market was different before. Then the question is why have you decided that the market tomorrow will be the same as it was on this very interval on which the author performed the test? Often - this means that the tests show those where the optimization has succeeded with more or less clear results.

The authors of other Expert Advisors conduct tests on a long history (at least since 2000-2001). This usually inspires more confidence (unless of course the EA is looking into the future when testing, there are a lot of such "self-deceiving EAs and indicators"). I think this is the first signal that we should look at and take a closer look at this EA.

Although, there are few "idea" things among even such Expert Advisors.

There is a lack of Expert Advisors with some sense, some reasoning. Most of them are just RSI, MACD, etc. with a target of 10 pips and stop 100. There's just no action all around.

Can you suggest an idea, for complete harmony?

alex_itr:

You're being ironic, I'm willing to pay for good EAs and indicators, but somehow 99% of EAs have some problems.

The authors of some EAs run tests on a certain range (not on all past price information). You ask them why not on all quotes. They say: "The market was different before. Then the question is why have you decided that the market tomorrow will be the same as it was on this very interval on which the author performed the test? Often - this means that the tests show those where the optimization has succeeded with more or less clear results.

The authors of other Expert Advisors conduct tests on a long history (at least since 2000-2001). This usually inspires more confidence (unless of course the EA is looking into the future when testing, there are a lot of such "self-deceiving EAs and indicators"). I think this is the first signal that we should look at and take a closer look at this EA.

Although, there are few "idea" things among even such Expert Advisors.

There is a lack of Expert Advisors with some sense, some reasoning. Most of them are just RSI, MACD, etc. with a target of 10 pips and stop 100. There's nothing but futility.

I'm not ionising. I'm asking you. How much are you willing to pay?

paukas:
I'm not ionizing. I'm asking you. How much are you willing to pay?

It all depends on the product. We can discuss. The range is wide:

1) For a trading strategy with tests over the last 3 months - around 0.

2) If you have quotes for any market asset for the next couple of years, I'm willing to offer $1m.

And without irony, I am indeed willing to purchase trading strategies if they meet sane criteria for success.

tara:
Can you suggest an idea, for complete harmony?

There are some really workable ideas, unlike the one mentioned in this thread. Most of the trading strategies (my subjective opinion) that are not scary to apply are trading techniques that use trends in one way or another over the medium to long term. If you execute a trading strategy well, you can get a pretty good return (admittedly "good" it is not for those "daredevils" who trade with a leverage of 1 to 500 and salivating that they earned 1000% last month). The existence of trends is due to fundamental factors that have always existed, most likely will continue to exist, while the influence of individual countries or even groups of countries on those factors that will make the trendiness disappear is very, very limited (in a market economy). Also the existence of trends is also confirmed by empirical methods.

alex_itr: 2) If you have quotes for any marketable asset for the next couple of years, I am willing to offer $1m

That's way too cheap. Even with an initial $1K you can chop up well over that couple of years at least $1B.

Mathemat:
This is too cheap. Even with an initial $1K, you can make at least $1B in a couple of years.
The time travel paradox comes into play. If we have quotes from the future and we trade multi-million dollar assets, the quotes will change. )

Mathemat:
This is too cheap. Even with an initial $1K, you can make at least $1B in a couple of years.
I'm not arguing :-) There's no point in selling things like that :-)