Pair theory - page 2

Don't talk, Lieutenant!

===

No, however, I will tell you. Trading on the stability of pairs' behaviour is an exploitation of private caprices, and is no better (or - a consolation prize - no worse) than such "folk omens": "Low-flying - it must be raining..." "Breaking through the morning flat", "Night Flat", etc.

I do not see the sense in multiplying such approaches to trading for a long time - they cost each other. Or rather, they are worthless - worthless, because they do not exploit the nature of the market, but its temporary private intricacies.

Of course, any (even from scratch) approach will work at some time or other. Like showing the exact time of a standing clock twice a day.

===

Yes, I forgot to add: And at night and the arsehole of the bargain...

Svinozavr:

Don't talk, Lieutenant!

===

No, however, I will tell you. Trading on the stability of pairs' behaviour is an exploitation of private caprices, and is no better (or - a consolation prize - no worse) than such "folk omens": "Low-flying - it seems to be raining..." "Breaking through the morning flat", "Night Flat", etc.

I do not see the sense in multiplying such approaches to trading for a long time - they cost each other. Or rather, they are worthless - worthless, because they do not exploit the nature of the market, but its temporary private intricacies.

Of course, any (even from scratch) approach will work at some time or other. Like showing the exact time of a standing clock twice a day.

===

Yes, I forgot to add: And at night and the arsehole of the bargain...

an example of the exploitation of the nature of the market

Svinozavr:

Don't talk, Lieutenant!

===

===

Yes, I forgot to add: And at night and the asshole of the bar...

I have two questions for you about your work:

1. Do you trade on the forex market?

2. If yes, what/which TS do you use?

FAGOTT:

1. Do you trade forex yourself?

What about the topic? (Pair theory)

tara:

And on the subject? (pairs theory).

I do not really believe in price prediction methods based on a price chart, ruler, compass and pencil

IMHO such patterns would have been discovered long ago by those computers that exploit hedge funds and banks. And, accordingly, their trading actions would have nullified the detected patterns.

Or rather - I don't believe in TA at all. And I don't believe in graphical methods either.

FAGOTT: IMHO such patterns would have long ago been detected by those computers exploiting hedge funds and banks. And, accordingly, their trading actions would have nullified the detected patterns.
Not necessarily. Computers are written by people, too people...

FAGOTT:
Or rather - I don't believe in TA at all. And I don't believe in graphical methods either.
You have the right (I mean TA and graphs)

FAGOTT:

1. Do you trade forex yourself?

As of recently, yes. But still, for the most part (considerably) still on FR.

Own/you. ))) Shit. Well, if you follow it, you know in general terms.

===

??? And what is there in the market of constant phenomena other than its "impermanence"? Waves/correlations, quasi-stationary volatility, same trends (just don't tell me they don't exist - timbo, I know this specially for you)))) etc.

===

I don't want to get off-topic - that's not what the thread is about. Besides, I've said all I have to say so far.

Mathemat:
Not necessarily. Programs for computers are written by people, just people.

A supercomputer program in Japan uploads 30 years of weather data on a daily basis. Temperature, wind direction, precipitation, humidity, etc. By reference points all over Japan. By a very blunt search, the supercomputer finds patterns - if it rained on May 20, it will be an early summer, for example.

IMHO adapt this system for forex and run the story for three years. And you would need thousands of times less computing power - of the indicators only the price of the asset and the volume, for example, by the minute bars.

The banks have enough money for supercomputers.

This idea has already been described on the forum.