Market model: constant throughput - page 28

hrenfx:
The window size is growing all the time. And what does linear regression have to do with compression in this case?
The indicator creates a line that can be dragged. Something can be calculated from the line.
If the line position has not been changed, the calculation will not be repeated and the computer will not be hampered.
I am talking about the principle of constructing an indicator. The block of regression calculations should be discarded. Leave the line.

jartmailru:

Enter, there is no problem limiting the window size to the right. The very compression of such windows is long due to the fact that for more or less adequate estimation it is necessary to take large (by tens of thousands of bars) windows in the end.

Again, the message seems fundamental.

jartmailru:
And if visually, then drag the line along the graph like this.
And draw the graph to the right of the compression.

All calculations in this case are not done in MQL4 anyway. MQL4 is only for collecting initial data.

I myself used the method of moving (by hand) two vertical lines. The data between them was processed on the fly and the results were displayed in Comment. I agree, it's a very clear way to quickly investigate something simple.