Market model: constant throughput - page 26

Mischek:

Thoughts converge, I wanted to post yesterday, got lazy ))

You have a lot of face!!!

hrenfx:
Here.

I've read that. But there is no normal definition there. On the one hand you say you are using some other definition of information - not given in "information theory", and on the other hand you apply the term "bit". And how can I understand you?

By the way, try fixing your "amount" of information to find the lengths of series in history from the current value, for which this information is a constant. Get a curve of the lengths of the segments. Maybe these "channels" have some statistical advantage or their behaviour is similar or something else.

Farnsworth:

I've read that. But there is no normal definition there. On the one hand you say you are using some other definition of information - not given in "information theory", and on the other hand you apply the term "bit". How can I understand you?

I do not know what is meant by "normal" definition. From your words one gets the impression that all the people who use the word "information" are ignorant if they do not imply the definition from the "theory of information". That's how you can be afraid to talk about shit if you don't know that there is a definition of it in "shit theory", or you know the theory, but have your own idea.

A definition of "information" has been given. If it's not clear, ready to explain. Only the question has not yet been asked what exactly is unclear in the definition.

"A bit is an indivisible unit of data. It can't be smaller than that. And it doesn't matter if it's a classic binary bit or some other dimension.

Because Yes/No logic is the simplest, therefore the concept of "Bits" is generally used in binary.

Trinary "Bits" can be considered if one follows the logic of Yes/No/Unspecified. You all know and understand this very well. And you don't even need to know any theories, because both you and I understand it on an intuitive level, just as you understand, for example, "chair" (if you are shown a Martian chair that doesn't look like a human chair, you will still understand why it is called a chair and not something else).

By the way, yes.
There is nothing wrong with the topicstarter.
Here's how I understood his (and willing) task:
- take some window of data from different tools
- compress
- take the same amount of data by individual tools
- compare compression of all vs compression of something specific
and sum of compression individually
I am waiting with interest for someone to suggest a loss-compression method :-).
From myself I can add another interesting task of the same plan:
- bring data to the same scale
- add up
- task - split and get the original signals
:-D
But in general it seems to me, that the topicstarter has the same question over and over again -
there is a set of different data, which is known to be
somehow connected, the question is: what to do with it? :-)

hrenfx:

The definition of 'information' has been given. If it is not clear, I am ready to clarify it. Only there has been no question yet as to what exactly is unclear in the definition.

i.e. this:

The information contained in the data is the smallest set of bits that can be transferred and restored to the original data

no you don't! Don't. I'm beginning to get the hang of it. Don't bother - zip it up as you please.

Farnsworth:

{...} zip away at your leisure.

What do you have to do? ;-)

jartmailru:
So what should be done? ;-)
There are a lot of archivers out there. Seriously - the author hasn't proved his claim at all. My opinion - it is false. But I think the direction is right, the theory of information is actually a section of tervers and probably will be very useful for TC development and understanding of the process.

Farnsworth:
In all seriousness - the author has not proven his claim at all. My opinion is that it is false.
It is a model, aka hypothesis. Even in the first post it talks about a possible assessment of its adequacy...

hrenfx:
It is a model, aka a hypothesis. Even the first post talks about a possible assessment of its adequacy...
yes I understand. (If you're not too lazy, try my suggestion, maybe you'll find something).

Farnsworth:

By the way, try fixing some of your "amount" of information to find the row lengths in the history from the current value, for which this information is a constant. Get a curve of the lengths of the segments. Maybe these "channels" have some statistical advantage or their behaviour is similar or something else.

I don't understand the method.