Market model: constant throughput - page 25

hrenfx:

If you have everything you need, you don't need anyone to advise you, help you or criticise you.

If you need a forum to help you, you have to play by the rules. Your thoughts and suggestions should be understandable to everyone and should be interpreted unambiguously.

You should not invent terms that would baffle those who want to help you and then be offended that you are not understood.

What is information as you know it? Give a simple definition, may it differ from common practice but intelligible, with examples and numbers.

Explain the effect of compressing time. If we experiment with compressing the first movement of Bach's fugue we will find out what ?

gip:

If shuffling changes the assessment, what are you assessing? Obviously you're evaluating the shuffling itself.

And what do the more or less advanced compression algorithms mostly do? Before the compression itself they do the "shuffling", sometimes you can tell them if the data being compressed is media or text or something else.

The archiver doesn't know much about the source data. I help it by giving it a better format of data to compress. The information in the data has not gone anywhere from the way I did the shuffling. Because by reverse shuffling I can restore the price BP.

OK, I'll pass. We just don't understand the topicstarter, it's not a matter of science, it's a matter of religion. But I think I get it...

Information lives in the data and only the Main Computer is the prophet of it, all other computers are false prophets and must be banished...

gip:

OK, I'll pass. We just don't understand the topicstarter, it's not a matter of science, it's a matter of religion. But I think I get it...

Information lives in the data and only the Main Computer is the prophet of it, all other computers are false prophets and should be banished...

I wonder if a calculator can be considered kosher?

And I have my avatar again )

Dibs on my computer!

Mischek:

And I have my avatar again).

God... Wrapped up already with your lost face.

Anecdote:

A bus full of people. The bus shook. One guy starts screaming his head off:

- Where's my green balloon! Where's my green balloon?!

Everyone, scared out of their minds, started looking around the cabin. After a while the little man, picking his nose with his finger, says in a calm tone:

- Okay. The hell with it. I'll roll another one for myself.

===

"You know what kind of avatar you want? "Garage" movie remember? There's a scene where Myagkov, who has lost his voice, holding a banner: I'll show you!

That's the shot that will do.

Svinozavr:

Do you know what kind of avatar you want? "Do you remember the Garage movie? There's a scene where Myagkov, who has lost his voice, is holding a banner: I WILL SHOW YOU!

That's a good shot.

Thoughts converge, I wanted to post it yesterday, got lazy ))

to hrenfx

If you understood my definition of "information", ...

I didn't understand it at all, in fact, I didn't even see it anywhere. To be honest - if you want to talk to yourself on a forum, you should warn, but in general, bringing up fundamental "things", and moreover known to all under other definitions and concepts, it is necessary to describe your conceptions in details. Otherwise, you will be talking to yourself or to psychics. :о)

...The hypothesis of constant market bandwidth says that the market generates the same amount of "information" per unit time.

You probably meant some channel of communication has a constant bandwidth, not an abstract market. What and where does the market pass through? And why does a constant bandwidth suddenly oblige to transmit the same amount of information?

In short, it is a profound delusion. The market does not transmit a constant quantity of information. Suppose I'm going to give you pages of text to study and let's say you limit the transmission to, say, 100 pages per day (any number of characters, spaces, or whatever you want to measure). What makes you think that the amount of information transmitted by me will be the same for you in any intervals (cyclic, any)? What makes you think that colleagues in your thread are slapping the same amount of information?

Farnsworth:

to hrenfx

Didn't get it at all, in fact, I didn't even see it anywhere.

Here.

My understanding is that information is defined differently in different situations. It all depends on the model of the phenomenon. If we know a priori out of the blue that some system really "generates" a constant amount of information per unit time, then for a meaningful description of information exchanges we can introduce that definition of information which Candid said ("self-information") - here. But then we will have to change the meaning of each quantum of information, depending on its frequency in the stream of events. Do we know how to do that?

If the importance of quantum of information is constant, then the constancy of information stream is out of the question.

In short, before we speak about information, it is necessary to understand clearly what model of information we speak about. I am not an expert on the theory of information and I cannot do it.

hrenfx has thrown in the towel, probably thinking that information is always defined in the same way. The idea certainly makes some sense, but first we need to specify all the concepts used and the model of the phenomenon itself in terms of information flows.