Does any of the TA work on tick charts? - page 7

Andrei01:
so is there a time lag after all?
Let's not ask nonsense. The interval under study in this case is where the BPs were formed to estimate volatility. The volatility of the BP itself is independent of the time between the members of the series itself.

hrenfx:
Let's not ask nonsense. The interval under study in this case is where the BPs were formed to estimate volatility. The BP volatility itself is independent of the time between the members of the series itself.
Sorry, but you are contradicting simple logic. If the estimation of volatility depends on the total amplitude of row members, and their number is taken at a certain time interval, it means that the estimation depends on the time between members of the BP itself. If this time is long, the number of estimated BP members will be small and their total amplitude accordingly, and vice versa.

Andrei01:
You have not understood anything. Read it again first to get the gist of it. I have nothing to add.

ForexTools:
... I am interested in something else: what is the fundamental difference between tick (read - continuous) and candlestick (read - discrete) charts, and what can be "seen" on ticks that cannot be seen on bars and how will this new thing be shown by old indicators ;)

On the tick chart (preferably not the MT4 platform) is clearly visible as the price sometimes hits a certain level and cannot break through it. This is not visible on any bars. In most cases, after a breakout, the price moves at least a few pips in the direction of the breakout. I tried to use it once - I wrote an Expert Advisor that sets a stop order after the price has hit the level N times and failed to break it. The stop order is at 1 point immediately below the breakout level. In the tester it is meaningless to check such an Expert Advisor because of ticks modelling. If I had the possibility to test it on real tick history then maybe I would manage to get something out of it.

goldtrader:
Stop order at 1p directly behind the breakdown level. In the tester it makes no sense to check such an Expert Advisor because of ticks modelling, I was running it on a demo, I managed to get back the spread. If one had an opportunity to test it on real tick history, maybe one could gain something out of it.
The slippage will eat up the rest of several points. :) and it may bounce back, catching the pause.

ForexTools:

It just so happens that I've had to spend a lot of time on tick charts lately. I drew myself a simple indicator and watched it. In the course of this process the question of the subject arose.

I know MACs will work, but what about other things? Has anyone tried to do something more or less adequate on ticks and in general, is it possible?

If I had tried it a year ago, I would have become more precise with ticks, but now it seems that all brokerage companies have abolished ticks... I often have 1 tick for 2 min. bars, not like before when I had 30-40 ticks on every bar.

sllawa3:
often there is 1 tick per 2 minute bar and not what there used to be when there was 30 - 40 on each bar

maybe it's the 5 / 4 digits ? 5 digit ticks by definition tick more often than 4 digits

ForexTools:

maybe it's a matter of 5 / 4 digits ? five digit ticks by definition tick more often than four digits

it's not about the ticks ... it's about the greed of the broker ... to give as little information to the trader as possible ... ( and the consequent ordering of the quote suppliers )

sllawa3:
it's all about the increasing greed of DTs

But you're not that greedy either ;) :)))

you want to earn money - i.e. take it from brokerage companies and think it's "right". and when they do the same to you - it's "wrong" .... what kind of "discrimination" is this?

The problem is that you want to make money from them or they take it from you, and notions such as honesty and greed are secondary. it's like cards - who outplayed whom (or cheated more inconspicuously).

There are certain conditions under which a client deposits money with a DT... and changing them is basic cheating... Imagine that the minute chart will suddenly disappear... not just ticks... and then the further into the woods the angrier the partisans are... besides, why take it away... if the DT doesn't withdraw transactions, of course, it will be taken away from the DT... but I think the game with virtual money should be banned... legislatively