Does any of the TA work on tick charts? - page 2

ForexTools:

The concept is to work with the CURRENT PRICE, not the bar. the classic question is, which bar was high or low before? ;)

There is no ambiguity on the tick chart: one moment in time - one price.

What difference does it make what's earlier if you're working with a bar?

ForexTools:

The concept is to work with the CURRENT PRICE, not the bar. the classic question is, which bar was high or low before? ;)

There is no ambiguity on the tick chart: one moment in time - one price.

The tick chart is primary, I agree. The same as a pebble is more primary concerning the asphalt, but the position of several pebbles in relation to each other gives no information about the direction of the road.) There is something more basic than a tick, but it is out of the data field - intuition. :) I think that's a better idea))

Techno:
except that the positioning of a few pebbles in relation to each other will not tell you where the road leads

I'm not going to walk on a road paved with yellow bricks;)

I am interested in pebbles and their location. If after a large stone a small one always appears next to each other and always at the same distance, then ....

a few pebbles in relation to the road is very little, we need more pebbles, more!

ForexTools:

I'm not going to take the yellow brick road;)

I am interested in the pebbles and their location. If after a large stone, a small one always appears next to it and always at the same distance, then ....

If after a large rock there always appears a small one always within the same distance, then . Micro-calculation means a micro-profit, and requotes, slippages and spreads will at best turn this micro-profit into a zero one, but I'm an optimist.)

Techno:
micro-calculations imply micro-profits, and ....
so far it's not about profits, but about what works on ticks and what doesn't ;)

ForexTools:
so far it's not about profits, but about what works on ticks and what doesn't ;)
and what is the criterion for working or not working if profits don't count?

ForexTools:
everything works. You can do abstract candlesticks (if you need them that way) for any period. The data of these candlesticks should be loaded into the indices and their values obtained.

For example, as a timeline, you have to use milliseconds, because a second for a tick is a lot, they can be 10 in a second) Here in general, it is up to you, milliseconds are determined by the GetTickCount function, the EA will write the time and tick price and then form these data into bars, take the time segment recorded and watch how many ticks were there, with the highest price being High, the lowest Low, etc. Which interval you take will be the period of bars, it may be a bar in 10 milliseconds even)) Of course there will be a lot of empty ones)

The more data, the better. What to do with it afterwards is up to everyone.