Is there a need for a T.A.? - page 11

leman:
Do you believe in God?

no

leman:
That's what we're talking about. HOW - everyone knows, but only a few make money

OK - there is a GRAAL built on TA. You got it. So you know HOW. Why can't you make money?

FAGOTT:

TA says that past price is necessary and sufficient for price prediction - this is nonsense.

is the TA's definition your own?

Who said anything in TA about prognosis?

That's up to the practitioner.

Well no doctor will diagnose and prescribe treatment without ANALYSIS.

Forgive the crude analogy...

;)

---

Unless, of course, the arm has broken off.

But the patient has been visually analysed!

FAGOTT:

TA says that past prices are necessary and sufficient for price prediction - this is nonsense. Every minute the market is attacked by thousands of informational factors, the price takes into account all informational factors available at the moment, but cannot take into account informational factors that will be available in the next moment.

TA was born in a world where there was not yet an information boom.

If I don't believe in the existence of a unicorn and someone does, I ask them to show me the unicorn. If he can't show it to me, I still don't believe in it.

You are trolling the forum.

Let me give you one set of TA systems that stably earn on all history without taking into account the spread - it's everyone's favorite Avalanche (StopLoss - "any"), but without martingale, i.e. trades are in fixed volume.

FAGOTT:

OK - there is a GRAAL built on TA. You have got it. So you know HOW. Why can't you make money?
What makes you think I can't make money? And then, what does the Grail have to do with it?

FreeLance:

;)

---

Unless, of course, the arm's been ripped off.

But the patient was visually analyzed!

Not my personal, but public. "Technical analysis is the prediction of future price changes based on an analysis of past price changes." Wikipedia and textbooks talk about forecasting.

Tests? TA - the doctor prescribes treatment based on the patient's appearance yesterday, the day before and today.

FreeLance:

;)

---

Unless, of course, the arm's been ripped off.

But the patient passed the visual analysis!

This is the standard definition of TA.

See https://en.wikipe dia.org/wiki/Technical_analysis

sak120:

You are trolling the forum.

Here is one set of TA systems that consistently earn over the entire history without the spread - it's everyone's favourite Avalanche (StopLoss - "any"), but without martingale, i.e. trades are of a fixed volume.

I only call a profitable TS one that makes money in the real market. And no other. And the real market, with a commission. Why do you need a system that makes money in a perfect market and loses money in the real market?

Where can you find a market without spread to make money on Avalanche?

sak120:

This is the standard definition of TA.

See https://en.wikipe dia.org/wiki/Technical_analysis

predicting price direction and predicting price are not the same thing!

;)

FAGOTT:

earns in the real market. And no other.

Tell me please, what is your definition of earning? Is it 1000% a week? And what does it mean not to lose, at what depo?