What is the perspective in your opinion? - page 7

denis_orlov:

This is the first time I have heard that quantum mechanics has any practical application, much less in computers...

just one example...?

I was once educated in microelectronics technology (I studied at the Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology in Zelenograd). Purest semiconductors (silicon, a material for integrated circuit (IC) substrate, is grown with purity of 99.999999999% - I am not joking) and learned to make it properly only when it became well understood in its structure at the quantum level and the influence of impurities on its properties. Accuracy of this order is required to exclude the influence of imperfect Si crystal structure on the reproducibility of microelectronics products parameters.

I will not dwell on the importance of substrate doping (introduction of small amounts of different impurities into certain areas of the silicon crystal) in IC technology. This process allows us to create regions in the depth of the substrate with a predetermined conductivity for electrons and holes, which are the basis for the operation of solid state transistors. And there are hundreds of millions of these transistors in a modern processor.

More tangible examples: the laser, the atomic/hydrogen bomb, and high-temperature superconductivity experiments. If you think about it properly, there are hundreds more examples, I just didn't think about it :)

An example from the future - so far, mostly theoretical and very little practical success in entangled state theory (one possible application is a quantum computer with incredible performance).

P.S. Well, yes, the Germans in WWII built a computera. But it was on relays, with a performance of the order of tens of operations per second. Then there was a tube-based computator. Compared to modern computers, with their mass, performance and power consumption ratios, it was next to nothing.

Richie:

By the way, who has noticed the genius of the grid in MT4 ? The answer is: almost no one.

And what is the genius of it, if it is not a secret

Mathemat: ....... applications - a quantum computer with incredible performance).

I'm not bad at electronics either, it's nice to see a colleague :)) There is this demotivating opinion: a quantum computer already exists in nature. Where? Everywhere.

Mischek : and what is the genius of it, if it is not a secret

In the fact that the keys you are looking for are under your nose, figuratively speaking.

Mathemat:

More examples, more tangible ones: the laser, the atomic/hydrogen bomb, high temperature superconductivity experiments. If you think about it properly, there are hundreds more examples, I just didn't think about it :)

Quantum TC. They say it's a grail! :)

Swetten:
Quantum TC. They say it's a grail! :)
Quantization in dynamics is not good )

Richie:

In the fact that the keys you are looking for are under your nose, figuratively speaking.

What keys am I looking for? Under what nose? Are you talking about the grid in the mt ?

"We're losing you."

Try to concentrate

Mischek:

What keys am I looking for? Under what nose? Are you talking about the grid in the mt?

" We're losing you "

Try to focus.

The grid is ingenious too.

How many arrows ))

costy_:

The grid is ingenious too

How many arrows ))

Oh yes, of course and don't let the informative nature of the images you presented embarrass you.

Long ago took the need to highlight all the obvious (levels from a psychiatrist) came - went away - came back, came - went away - did NOT come back

Not everyone notices the obvious ;)

Still not informative?!