Recognising images ( rhetorical theme ) - page 12

denis_orlov:

думаю, именно это ты и просишь, т.к. сам конкретику представить не в состоянии.

I'm not asking for anything. And I didn't ask for any.

I told you - I do not need to give you the algorithm. I can be given the result of its work, and I will test the result. And I will tell you whether you can get something out of such an algorithm. Is it a request or a petition? It was a suggestion, which is primarily aimed at benefiting the author of the recognition algorithm. If someone can make a good recognizer, but cannot implement it in profit (it's hard!), he should directly seek cooperation with another developer.

You can upload a file with recognition signals here, in this thread, and someone else besides me will try to use these signals to test the algorithm for entering and exiting a trade.

But I see that you are trading with profit? So this offer is not for you :)

gip:

I'm not saying they are useless at all, but in my case they are not applicable.

The candlestick pattern recognition approach itself does not involve recognition per se, but a search for simple patterns. This loses >99% of the information encoded in the pattern.

Well, if you look at it that way, basically every indicator that moves away from the formal price value loses its informativeness and makes an error. For example, what is lost is the candlestick coding method used by Richie - K= (HL, LO/HL, LC/HL). Now the question is, what method of pattern selection on BP should be used?

Why do I ask the question, I've already faced this question many times when processing - how to formalize a pattern. I see two methods, first is coding - when we form codes similar to Richie or Lihovidov. The second method is to introduce boundary criteria. Again, in case of boundary criteria we lose one important factor - time. The number of frames during which the figure is formed should also be considered.

It seems to me that the concept of a pattern is better applied here in a generalised way, as a recognisable section of the price chart. It does not necessarily have to be a graphical figure. The main thing is that it should be recognized steadily, without omissions and failures if possible. Accordingly, the recognition method can be almost anything. Encoding is fine. There may be many encoding methods. Graphically is okay. Criterionally, that is what I understand by the indicators - also good. By pattern search - no. It works unstably and misses the most of them. True, the template search can be adaptive, but I have not seen this. Neuronet is good, but their training is a complicated thing, everyone only trains for trade. I don't think there's been any discussion here about using neural networks solely for pattern recognition. What other methods can you think of?

The problem is not recognising patterns (whatever the word 'pattern' implies) . The problem is preprocessing the data for analysis. Pre-processing is a surprisingly low priority in this forum. But all information must be presented in a form suitable for subsequent analysis.

Noise, gaps and spikes are typical obstacles for adequate analysis (no matter what methods are used). Let me draw a parallel with a mirror. Noise is analogous to the roughness of a mirror surface, the reflection becomes blurred and smeared. Gaps are cracks and shifts of parts of the mirror, as if it is broken. Ejections, or abnormally large bars (there are no abnormally small bars) are analogous to a crooked mirror. And some parts of the reflection are undistorted, while others are distorted beyond recognition.

These three problems must be solved separately. And then we can talk about pattern recognition.

"Do we not sometimes take out of context what should not be taken out of context in order to understand the essence of the whole?" with "I

I'm coming at it from a different angle, I don't do any preprocessing, I try to do recognition on clean data. And after recognition I do post-processing. Why should I fade the gap or spike if it contains information about the market? You can mask it, but when we have recognized and remembered it.

Try taking a picture of the defective mirror (which I wrote about) and applying some kind of pattern recognition system to the photo. You might not recognise yourself in the reflection, let alone the "glitchy iron".

PS Each of the mirror defects carry information, but not about the original light that was reflected by the mirror, but about the causes of the defects (holidays and other factors).

There are other phenomena that support my argument. The human brain has 'built-in' filters of information coming from the senses. Thus people are easily able to talk to each other in a very noisy place, even if hundreds of people are talking to each other. Vision has the same property. The brain is able to focus on a single image element amongst the noisy elements - captcha is an example.

Is that why manual trading is difficult to formalize? Is it the reason why manual traders pay much attention to a single trading instrument and sharpen their brain-filters?

gip:
It seems to me that the concept of a pattern is better applied here in a generalised way, as a recognisable section of the price chart. It does not necessarily have to be a graphical figure. The main thing is that it should be recognized steadily, without omissions and failures if possible. Accordingly, the recognition method can be almost anything. Encoding is fine. There may be many encoding methods. Graphically is okay. Criterionally, that is what I understand by the indicators - also good. By pattern search - no. It works unstably and misses the most of them. True, the template search can be adaptive, but I have not seen this. Neuronet is good, but their training is a complicated thing, everyone only trains for trade. I don't think there's been any discussion here about using neural networks solely for pattern recognition. What other methods can you think of?
Mmmm ... A pattern is some kind of data pattern that repeats over time and meets certain criteria. As for me for timeframes patterns can be of two kinds if we consider a subset of candlesticks that form a pattern (I understand the term pattern is sometimes applied - although I disagree that this is the correct definition). Option 2, boundary criteria + time interval and say for ZZ/MA/EMA can form a pattern. If it is clearly defined how the pattern will be described - then it is worth selecting a method of recognition/classification that satisfies the problem statement as much as possible.

joo:

There are other phenomena that support my argument. The human brain has 'built-in' filters of information from the senses. Thus, people are easily able to talk to each other in a very noisy place, even if hundreds of other people are talking nearby. Vision has the same property. The brain is capable of concentrating on a single image element among noisy elements; captcha is an example.

Isn't that why manual trading is difficult to formalize? Is that why "manual traders" pay much attention to a single trading instrument while sharpening their brain filters?

I disagree :) According to works by Nobel laureates in the field of medicine Torsten Nils Wiesel and David H. Hubel, who conducted studies of the visual cortex of the cat, which found that there are so-called simple cells, which respond particularly strongly to straight lines at different angles, and complex cells, which respond to the movement of lines in one direction, ie the brain carries out the separation of traits. On this basis the whole class of NS called convolutional networks, which is based on convolutional mechanism, is developed. So here is the most interesting that this class of NS shows some of the best performance in image recognition with distortion (it is about the curve mirror and distortion) is very well shown in the works of Dr. Jan LeCun. But you can not apply convolutional nets to BP forex :) nets is good for distorted data recognition, but bad for image reconstruction.

joo:

There are other phenomena that support my argument. The human brain has 'built-in' filters of information from the senses. Thus people are easily able to talk to each other in a very noisy place, even if hundreds of people are talking to each other. Vision has the same property. The brain is able to concentrate on a single image element amongst the noisy elements - captcha is an example.

No. There are no filters. Recognition is done directly from the noisy stream. Where did you read about filters? The best way to understand the hearing mechanism is to read about it. There the recognition begins immediately, first at a low "hardware" level, the sound is encoded in a certain way and then converted into this signal-code is recognized at a higher level. The analogy is incomplete but captures the essence. The principle of separation of useful information is not filtration (chunking) of the stream, but recognition in the stream, PIC recognition loops responding to the most appropriate images, that is, the selection of the most appropriate images from the stream.