A suggestion to the administration - page 25

Why aren't the current rules clear?

IgorM:

Are you kidding? And do not think, being a moderator to ask for an apology from the offenders? If a moderator saw fit to delete, then he was guided by the rules of the forum - and nothing personal.

The only thing I can advise, as a former moderator with experience - if you delete a post, please state who deleted it and why

I don't think I wrote that I would apologize to anyone. I suggested that participants in yet another squabble to apologize to each other and to other forum participants (they all read it too). And the moderator should just be forgiven for his hard work. He won't ask for it.

Mathemat:

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. It doesn't really matter whether it's in a private message or in a thread.

2 IgorM: Victor did not suggest apologizing to the offender. Read carefully (c) JonKatana.

I got it, just expressed incorrectly, I meant the word request - why ask the offender? post breaking the rules is removed and the offender receives a warning, some reprimands and ...

DDFedor:

Suggestion.

Posts, as well as quoted posts that are insulting or disrespectful to moderators, will be deleted immediately and without any warning.

Where is that in the rules?

Vinin:

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then he will have to be forgiven.

You shouldn't try to negotiate, you'll get bogged down with amendments, "laws", demands to explain and dance to the music on the table

Moderators, you are sober and self-sufficient, you do not have to listen to anyone, do not enter into a position otherwise it will be endless

SProgrammer:

Where is this in the rules?
It is disrespectful to the administration of the resource.

DDFedor:

Suggestion.

Posts, as well as quoted posts that are insulting or disrespectful to moderators, will be deleted immediately and without any warning.

Bravo!

Already deleted...

Who were they offending?

Do you still have the screenshots? Can you prove it?

;)

DFedor, hello!? Where are the rules? There aren't any. So you are acting outside the scope of your authority. What's the conclusion?

Mischek:

You should not try to negotiate, you will be swamped with amendments, "laws", demands to explain and dance to music on the table

Moderators, you are sober and self-sufficient, don't listen to anyone, don't get into positions or it will be endless

I just wrote how I want to do it. No more than that. Everyone has the right to act differently. It is just that such an approach would allow others to stop in time

alexx_v:
This is disrespectful to the administration of the resource.

Who the administration is, we know. That's a first. And second - where is it written in the rules? Exactly! "NO RESPECT" ... FOREWORD. Is it OK if I'm sitting down to write? :)