A suggestion to the administration - page 24

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then you have to forgive him.

Vinin:

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then he will have to be forgiven.

Let's read the rules again in the current edition.

Forum rules:

1. The site prohibits any form of overtly personal disputes between members. Such dialogs will be deleted.
  2. Any discussion of any banking, brokerage, or other financial institutions is prohibited. Such posts are subject to deletion.
  3. Any posts which may offend or insult other visitors are forbidden. These posts will be deleted.
  4. Any use of obscene language is forbidden. Such posts will be deleted.
  5. Blatant advertising, spam and flooding are forbidden. These kind of messages will be deleted.
  6. Repeated violations of the rules, ignoring moderator's comments, and disrespect to the administration of this resource will result in blocking of access.
  7. MQL4.com administration has the right to change rules if deemed necessary.

FreeLance:

Let's read the rules again in the current edition.

Forum rules:

1. This site prohibits any form of overtly personal disputes between members. Such dialogues will be deleted.
  2. Any discussion of any banking, brokerage, or other financial institutions is prohibited. Such posts are subject to deletion.
  3. Any posts which may offend or insult other visitors are prohibited. These posts will be deleted.
  4. Any use of obscene language is forbidden. Such posts will be deleted.
  5. Blatant advertising, spam and flooding are forbidden. These kind of messages will be deleted.
  6. Repeated violations of the rules, ignoring moderator's comments, and disrespect to the administration of this resource will result in blocking of access.
  7. MQL4.com administration has the right to change rules if it deems it necessary.

No one is challenging them, but if the author(s) manage to fix everything themselves, there is nothing for the moderator to do.

Vinin:

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then he will have to be forgiven.

Are you kidding me? And don't you dare, as a moderator, apologize to offenders? If a moderator saw fit to delete, then he was guided by forum rules - and nothing personal.

The only thing I can advise you, as a former moderator with experience - if you delete a post, tell us who deleted it and why

Vinin:

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then he would have to be forgiven.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. And where to do it, this warning, - in a private message or in a thread - is not so important.

2 IgorM: Victor did not suggest apologizing to the offender. Read carefully (c) JonKatana.

Vinin:

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then you have to forgive him.

IMHO - everything is simple and you have to act strictly by the rules. The rules should clearly limit what can be interfered with. There is no need to talk about bans yet. :) IMHO - for such moderators it is unnecessary.

So it's clear where to go from here - we need more rules. And we need to start thinking them right now, do not put in a special thread. IMHO

Vinin:

Suggestion.

A public moderator would issue a warning to apologize and clean up their mess (the offer is for a limited time). After some time, delete posts that he does not like (more specifically, posts that insult someone, etc.), but he may overdo it and delete more than necessary. But then he would have to be forgiven.

Victor!

I'm reminded of an old joke:

Hey, back me up!

- You back it up!

- I'm hearing from the safety net! .....))

Vinin:

No one is challenging them, but if the author(s) have time to fix it themselves, then there's nothing for the moderator to do.

I'm not arguing, I'm reminding the PUBLIC ORDERS of the rules. ;)

And their PRISONERS.

-----

If the MetaQuotes deem this group's monopoly on truth/crystals ("flooding"/"not flooding") to be appropriate - such a decision will have to be made. :(

Deletes posts he doesn't like

That's terrible. Read the rules...

Suggestion.

Posts, as well as quoted posts that are insulting or disrespectful to moderators, will be deleted immediately and without any warning.

Any action by a moderator can only be dictated by breaking the rules. And NOTHING on his personal payoff. Doubt is construed in favour of the accuser... ugh, user. :)