Indicator dump by Dserg - page 8

With the latest versions of the indicators, there is no such problem, and trends and profits remain:
         double ma_s = iCustom(NULL,0,"supertrend",0,i+1);
         if (ma_s == EMPTY_VALUE) ma_s = iCustom(NULL,0,"supertrend",1,i+1);

Why do you end up looking so hard for a catch and just don't want to accept the idea itself?
I argue that it makes almost no difference what we use as a source:
Renco, the price itself, the swipes or the supertrend!

All show roughly the same picture, I've tested.
And a couple of bars doesn't solve anything here, believe me.

ForexTools >>:

Вы кого обмануть хотите? себя? или рынок? если себя - возьмите зигзаг и любуйтесь на то как он красиво историю обрисовывает :)) если рынок - то сначала задумайтесь над фразой, которую очень любят повторять американцы: "если ты такой умный - то почему до сих пор такой бедный?" неужели вы думаете что вы за несколько дней\недель\месяцев\лет "занятий форексом" сумели найти чтото такое, чего за десятки и может сотни лет не нашли зубры "капиатлистической" экономики для которых это не просто интересная цяцька (как для многих из нас) а вопрос реального физического выживания!

Рискую запустить поток флуда, но чем дальше - тем больше я становлюсь уверен в том, что торговля (настоящая, большая, прибыльная по крупному) это всетаки искусство. и как и всякое искусство - она доступна не каждому. Смайлик нарисовать не сможет только безрукий, а вот Монну Лизу нарисовал только один человек за всю историю...

In the latest posted versions - redrawing has been eliminated. As the author wrote - zero bar takes data from the first bar... I.e. in fact it works at opening price.
Naturally, there will be a lag in this approach. But as you know, no one has invented leading indukes. For me, a lag is better than a rollover. If you are intelligent about it, lagging may be of much use.
Indices themselves are very good. The other question is how to use them. If you thoughtlessly follow the signals, you will surely lose a profit... As you know, "Make a fool pray to God, he'll get a headache..."

Do you think a couple of bars in a trend of this magnitude means anything?

ZS: by the way... I bet yesterday with a portfolio. 120 pips in one evening:) one evening is not an indicator of course... especially on Friday. I will be posting testing results as we go along.

And yet the indicators work!!! I agree that analysis should be done on different timeframes. But I give my opinion: "Indicators are easy to use and give enough information to start thinking about making a decision". My estimate is 4+. In aviation they say: "God only knows by 5". Regards, Valery.

ForexTools >>:

Вы кого обмануть хотите? себя? или рынок?

I don't actually want to cheat anyone. I only pointed out that there should be no peeking at the indicators of the instrument under test.

is there any way to increase the speed at which the indicator is calculated?

Dserg писал(а) >>
Do you think a couple of bars in a trend of this magnitude means anything?

I'm looking at the screen and trying to figure out where the systematicity is - there is no colour
At the beginning (See left to right) it's falling - indicator is blue, then it's falling longer, but by about the same amount of pips it's orange - it doesn't make sense to me.

And then I found the systematicness I saw it and it seems not so long ago in the codebase
the essence of the indicator when the price is above the chart buy below sell
the overlap of the price chart signals entry and exit.
The line was exactly the same I wanted to compare it with the central bolinger but I didn't.

The main thing is to find the code and see if it is faster and more accurate than the supertrend.

Vitya >>:
а скорость расчета индикатора можно увеличить как-нибудь?

Yes, I am in the process of writing an optimised algorithm. I'll have it by Monday evening for sure.

baltik >>:

Вот смотрю на скрин и пытаюсь понять где системность - по цвету ее нету
Вначале (См. слева направо) падение- индикатор синий, потом падаем дольше по времени, но примерно на столько же пипсов он оранжевый - мне не понятно.

А потом нашел системность я видел ее и похоже не так давно в кодебазе
суть индикатора когда цена выше графика покупаем ниже продаем
перхлест графика цены сигналы на вход и выход.
Линия точно была одна я еще хотел с центральной болинджера сравнить но не сравнил.

Я это к тому может найти все таки и код посмотреть возможно он будет шустрее и правдивее чем супертренд.

You must have missed the beginning of the topic.
The colours mean the following:

Blue - Up trend.
Blue - Up trend, down correction started.
Tomato - Down correction continued until trend change. Down trend.
Crimson - Down trend, up correction started.

Makes sense to me.