Redrawing - good or bad. - page 16

AlexEro >>:
Это *старая* книга по прикладной математике. Ничего более полезного для прикладной математики, экономического прогнозирования и трейдинга я нигде никогда не видел (то есть среди 1000+ книг).

I wonder what is useful in applied mathematics that could be useful in forecasting and trading?

Time continuums from string theory:)))

AlexEro >>:

your favourite fucking Goldman Sucks is accused of fraud
http://www.ng.ru/world/2010-04-19/8_wall_street.html

Andrei01 >>:

А вот интересно, шо например есть такое полезное в прикладной математике чтоб это могло пригодиться в прогнозировании и трейдинге?

I'll try to be streamlined: from the very beginning, they assume that since the object under study is a quinsistence of very complex processes, both the model itself and its prediction algorithm CANNOT BE SIMPLE. American banks and their secret agent SProgrammer are well aware of this - he himself wrote in his blog, something like "I've created a trading system, it's really very complicated to say the least". It's naive to think that a good trading system is going to be SIMPLE. It MUST be complicated. Even with such a book, the programming of algorithms described there is a HARDWARE task, comparable to the complexity of well, say, half of Metatrader program (client part). Probably that is why federal grants are allocated in Russia - to develop the topic and bring it up to date.

Andrei01 писал(а) >>

But I wonder, what is so useful in applied mathematics that it can be useful in forecasting and trading?

There is nothing.

AlexEro >>:

Она ОБЯЗАНА быть сложной.

I, for example, have heard that all genius must be simple at its core.
It's like a law of nature or something like that. But of course you should not confuse the simple with the primitive - they are different things.
Hence, excessive philosophizing and ruminating on the tree is not always practical.

Rewriting is bad. Because the trader looks at the indicator behaviour on the history. And everything turns out great on history. For example, the ForexGlaze indicator recognizes minima and maxima very precisely. The trader thinks that's great, I will use the ForexGlaze: when it shows a maximum, I will sell. And then ForexGlaze gives surprise after surprise, it begins to redraw and show maximums even higher and higher. But the trader is already selling! Thus, forexGlaze misinforms the trader (everything was fine on the history). Therefore, the fact that the indicator redraws - this is a bad indicator.