Trading probability - page 10

You can take a ZigZag of appropriate dimensionality, calculate the total length of up-swings and down-swings. Their ratio is an indication of the past trend in relation to the selected modulation level

Urain >>:
Ни для кого не секрет на этом форуме что точный прогноз не возможет (хотя не буду так категоричен) маловероятен,
а отсюда вытекает постановка задачи вернее поставленная ранее задача время_открытия|направление|время_закрытия
трансформируеться во время_открытия|направление|(установка ТП и СЛ).
Теперь суть вопроса : что лучше маленький_стоплосс|большой_тейкпрофит или маленький_тейкпрофит|большой_стоплосс ?
Теоретически чем мешьше удаление тем меньше потери или прибыли(по вариантам),
но чем дальше находиться уровень тем менее вероятным он будет по достижимости кумулятом.

As a rejoinder: there are forecasts in the form of a newsletter - "Answers to the question - WHEN? In intraday trading, the result is close to 100%.

Avals >>:

можно без случайностей - взять ЗигЗаг соответсвующей размерности, подсчитать суммарную длину ап-свингов и даун свингов. Их отношение - указатель на сложившийся в прошлом тренд относительно выбранного уровня модуляции

If the start and end prices of the study section are equal, then
Sum(UpSwings) / Sum(DownSwings) = 1

SProgrammer >>:
Ну вот таким образом будет выглядеть код, - - я не проверял! :)
extern int       tp=25;
extern int       sl=25;

Well, if you are setting equal conditions, then adjust tp and sl to account for the spread.

getch писал(а) >>

If the start and end prices of the study section are equal, then
Sum(UpSwings) / Sum(DownSwings) = 1

sum of lengths in pips, not the number of swings.
For SB, by the way, the long section is -> 1, and the average swing length is equal to twice the dimensionality. And for any quotes on the long history. But on a very specific timeframe it can be significantly different from 1.
P.S. Ah, I see you meant equality of price at the beginning and at the end. Agreed. The sum of up and down swing lengths between t-crossings by any horizontal level is equal. And the difference in the sums of their lengths is equal to the value of the price increment from the start point to the end point. That is, if x(tn)-x(t0)=Y, then Sum(UpSwings) - Sum(DownSwings)=Y.
Correspondingly, if x(tn)-x(t0)=0 =>
Sum(UpSwings) = Sum(DownSwings) => Sum(UpSwings)/Sum(DownSwings)=1

Neveteran >>:

Я никак немогу понять, к чему это измерение диапазона движений цены в стопах или профитах?

С самого начала я писал, что чем большее число инструментов задействованно в работе, тем более сильна тенденция к усреднению. Я пошел именно по этому пути, поскольку получение катострофических отклонений невозможно. Использование стопов или профитов играет не на вашей стороне, а за ДЦ.

The only two things I've read here are the utter boorishness and bullshit of SProgrammer, who boasts of being educated, while instantly refuting the same statements. An educated person would never stoop to such blatantly adolescent flaming, giving the full impression that a 16 year old horny teenager is sitting at his keyboard.
And secondly, a lot of obscure maths words... Though finished the university just on speciality very close connected with mathematics and teor.ver. and counted that not bad in it understand, but have got as though on conference of futurologists from well-known Lem...
Why am I writing to you specifically. The only sensible thing I've gleaned from this thread is your post. That by averaging over several pairs - the probability of going into unreachable drawdowns is much lower, and the more pairs are involved in the overall averaging, the lower this probability is.
Unfortunately, I'm not a GREAT MATHEMATIC and I don't know the clever words and terms, but probably those clever mathematicians who are present in this thread - they can formalize it all into formulas and even call it smart words ...
But that it is a fact. That's for sure.

lexandros >>:

Из всего что здесь прочитал - выловил только две вещи - беспросветное хамство и быдлячество со стороны SProgrammer, который бахвалится своей образованностью, и при этом мгновенно эти же утверждения опровергает. Образованный человек никогда не станет опускаться до такого откровенно подросткового флейма, создавая полное впечатление, что за клавиатурой сидит 16-ти летний сексуально озабоченный подросток.
И второй момент - куча непонятных слов из математики... хотя заканчивал вуз как раз по специальности очень близко связанной с математикой и теор.вер. и считал что неплохо в этом разбираюсь, но попал как будто на конференцию футурологов из знаменитого Лема...
Я почему пишу конкретно Вам. Единственное разумное, что я почерпнул из данной ветки, это Ваш пост. Что если усреднятся по нескольким парам - вероятность уйти в недостижимые просадки значительно ниже, и чем больше пар участвуют в общем усреднении, тем эта вероятность ниже.
Я к сожалению, не ВЕЛИКИЙ МАТЕМАТИК и не знаю умных слов и терминов. но наверное те умные математики, которые присутствуют в этой ветке - смогут все это формализовать в формулы и даже обозвать умными словами...
Но то, что это факт. Это однозначно.
Well, if no one is going to code the nonsense that Neveteran says in his own thread, then no one is going to code it in this thread either.
You can lick your idol all you want but please do it in his own thread.

Urain >>:
Ну уж если тот бред что несёт Neveteran в его собственной ветке никто кодировать не собираеться то в этой и подавно никто не будет.
Можете вылизывать вашему кумиру всё что пожелаете только пожалуйста делайте это в его собственной ветке.

I'm not quite sure what "idol" and "licking" have to do with it...
Neveteran is a very poorly understood speaker, personally. The verbal mush that comes from him - rips the mind to pieces.
I actually wanted to say something else...
Namely (without too much verbiage) - if you average with several pairs - the probability of getting into unattainable drawdown is lower than if you do the same on one pair. That is all. Not more and not less.
But the whole stream of chaotically mixed terms in a random sequence, operated by Neveteran in his branch - I just did not let it into my mind. And I'm out of the discussion of its rightness or wrongness...
So, your shot is somewhere in the wrong target. Move the crosshairs.

lexandros писал(а) >>

That's not what I was actually going to say...
Namely - if you average across multiple pairs - the probability of going into unattainable drawdown is less than if you do the same on a single pair.

Could you please prove this statement. I don't have such a feeling that it is correct. And please clarify the terimins in your _confirmation_, maybe that's the point.

Repeat:

Advisor counts the number of ZigZag knees (at least Pips) and writes to file:
extern int Pips = 100;

int Amount;

int GetZigZagCount()
{
  static bool FlagUP = TRUE;
  static int Min = 999999;
  static int Max = 0;
  static int Count = 0;

int PriceHigh = High[1] / Point + 0.1;
  int PriceLow = Low[1] / Point + 0.1;

if (FlagUP)
  {
    if (PriceHigh > Max)
      Max = PriceHigh;
    else if (Max - PriceLow >= Pips)
    {
      FlagUP = FALSE;
      Min = PriceLow;
      Count++;
    }
  }
  else // (FlagUP == FALSE)
  {
    if (PriceLow < Min)
      Min = PriceLow;
    else if (PriceHigh - Min >= Pips)
    {
      FlagUP = TRUE;
      Max = PriceHigh;
      Count++;
    }
  }

return(Count);
}

void StringToFile( string FileName, string Str )
{
  int handle;

handle = FileOpen(FileName, FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE);
  FileSeek(handle, 0, SEEK_END);

FileWrite(handle, Str);

FileClose(handle);

return;
}

void deinit()
{
  StringToFile("Analyse.prn", Pips + " " + Amount);

return;
}

void start()
{
  static int PrevTime = 0;

if (PrevTime == Time[0])
    return;

Amount = GetZigZagCount();

return; 
}
Runs in tester with optimisation:
?

Plots the ratio of the number of knees to their min. size(Pips):
?

Plots of the ratio of the number of ZigZag knees Pips1 and Pips2(Amount(Pips1) / Amount(Pips2)) with ratio Pips2 / Pips1 = Koef from the size of Pips1
?
?
?
In the above graphs, the blue line is the Koef^2 value.

Hypothesis:

Amount(Pips1) / Amount(Pips2) == (Pips2 / Pips1) ^ 2
where Amount(Pips) is the number of ZigZag knees with a knee of at least Pips.

MathCad file with data source here.
Reason: