Is the advisor suitable for real life? - page 16

FOReignEXchange:

I don't understand anything. For example, on hourly candles there is a 2-3 minute jump when the tester visualises from the end of the current candle to the next. This means that the tester shows wrong tick times. That is TimeCurrent() does not show that time which was in reality.

I do not know yet exactly how much this fact affects the profit, but the fact that deals in real time are not opened there as in the tester.

The tester takes time from the smallest timeframe, i.e. minutes (if we test by ticks). Although I have not noticed such a discrepancy in minutes.

As far as I understand, the matter arises on ticks by minutes. The delay here is also due to the banal reason of pseudo-generation of ticks. It is a fact, which should be accepted because never in the real market ticks will run as in the tester, it is the market.

If such discrepancies will have a significant influence on the results, one can set a simple limiter of the maximum possible deviation from the signal level, so as not to enter the market when it is exceeded.

FOReignEXchange:

For example, I need to measure a 20 second interval from the start of a minute candle. After 20 seconds the tester shows one price, but in reality the price is different.

The difference may be 2-3 seconds in this interval, and in 2-3 seconds the price can change.

That is, if in reality, 20 seconds after the start of a minute candle, we get to the 10th tick, and in the tester, we get to the 13th tick is acceptable.

So what time do you open?

Yes, time is of the essence. Time is important. I'm confused at all. Sometimes the opening goes better than the tester - sometimes worse.

What confuses me is that when you move to the next candle, the time comes in. So the time narrows in the process of the candle.

FOReignEXchange:

Yes, time is of the essence. Time is important. I'm confused at all. Sometimes the opening goes better than the tester - sometimes worse.

What confuses me is that when you move to the next candle, the time comes in. So the time narrows in the process of the candle.

So, what prevents you from filtering by the maximum allowable delay and not entering if it is exceeded?

Although, to be honest, it is strange that the question of a couple of seconds is so critical when the targets are an order of magnitude larger than the spread.

OnGoing:
So, in this case, what prevents us from filtering by the maximum allowable delay and not entering if it is exceeded?

There are no delays. The problem is that we are now at 19:34:00. The terminal shows a price of 1.3715. In 30 seconds, the price will be 1.3730. The robot opens a deal at 1.3730.

And according to the tester, if we carry out a test. At 19:34:00, the price is 1.3715 and 30 seconds later the price is 1.3733. The deal is opened in the tester at 1.3733.

Although the opening, closing, high and low prices and the volume of the candle are identical. Everything is absolutely the same, both in the tester and in the real account. But the time within the candlestick is different.

DhP:
Prices do not have to be equal. The real prices come to you from the DCs, and the prices in the tester come from the Metacquotes.

The point is that the opening, closing, high and low prices of all candles are exactly the same. Even the number of ticks in one-minute candlesticks coincide. It seems to be no problems and everything should be identical. But the timing of ticks inside the candlesticks is different.

I don't know how it affects the profitability of the system, but the trades are different. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, of course. Oh, man. Maybe I really shouldn't. But it's not nice to see when the trades are different.

Because of this little thing there is a question in the title of the topic. Until everything matches up, it is impossible to say for sure.

FOReignEXchange:

The point is that the open, close price, high and low of all candlesticks are absolutely coincident. Even the number of ticks in one-minute candlesticks coincide. It seems there are no problems and everything should be identical. But the timing of ticks inside the candlesticks is different.

Now that's interesting. Where in the terminal does it say the number of ticks "matches" the reality)

Indeed, you seem to be sawing sawdust for nothing. This is the price of all TS working within a minute bar. That is the price of a possible loss of a few pips. Again, you should either accept it or look for a new TS.

Although, a few pips may also be profitable, if you are strongly tied to time. That's why this insignificant loss is all the more reason to be neglected. Moreover, you have enough margin.

FOReignEXchange:

The point is that the opening, closing, high and low prices of all candles are exactly the same. Even the number of ticks in the minute candles are the same. It seems to be no problems and everything should be identical. But the timing of ticks within candlesticks differs.

Look into the question "ticks in the tester" and everything will be clear at once.

This topic has been discussed on the forum many times.