Avalanche - page 118

PapaYozh >>:

А чего ж не удвоили за сутки?

1) Price has not gone that far.
2) There is no possibility to use Trailing Stop - I only take 30-60% of the daily price movement. It is risky to count on more - greed has killed many traders.

khorosh >>:
На каком инструменте, какой лот и какую дистанцию использовали, если не секрет.

According to your schedule. I hope the parameters of your own testing are no secret to you.

Or do you mean 37%?

JonKatana писал(а) >>

According to your schedule. I hope the parameters of your own testing are no secret to you.

Or do you mean 37%?

Exactly.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

That's probably a pebble in my thicket.

I did not argue that the number of trades in the order of thousands necessarily guarantees anything. It has to be considered in conjunction with others, such as profitability (PF) and m.o.o. of the trade.

No, Alexey, I myself have always considered de facto that a thousand trades over several years is more or less a credible result. There are no guarantees at all.
And usually the TS shows stability (I abstain from the results, they may be low).
But in this TS even thousands of transactions do not provide even the minimum stability according to my criteria.
This is not a thorn in your side, but another and generally very unexpected conclusion.
Live a long life and you learn a long time, you'll die a fool. :)
Over time you begin to understand that stability (stability) of TS, its robustness is much more important than what can be squeezed out by the optimizer.
It would be ideal if an MT5 optimizer would display a graph of PV surface. It is its view that would allow us, imho, to evaluate roughly visually the robustness of the TS.

khorosh >>:

Именно.

The instrument is EURUSD, a deposit of approximately 20% of the deposit.
First trade: March 31, Buy, opened at 1.3416, closed at 1.3483 - I took a profit of 67 pips (41%) from a daily move of 164 pips.
On April 1 I closed pending orders too early, without waiting for them to trigger, so I did not take a profit of 38 pips on the Buy trade from 1.3524 to 1.3562 - and as a result I earned 0 pips.
Second trade: April 2, Sell, opening 1.3541, closing 1.3510 - profit of 31 pips (27%) from a daily move of 116 pips. Here I could have taken 62 pips (53%) and closed at 1.3479, but was confused by a sharp pullback, so I did not get greedy.

Yesterday I came across this thread and found out that the strategy I have been using successfully on my trading account for a year now is called "Avalanche". In one year I managed to raise my initial deposit of 16,000 roubles by about three times. I have a slightly different entry point. Between 0 and 6 o'clock I draw two parallel lines at maximum and minimum price and switch on my Expert Advisor that opens order when price crosses the line and simultaneously places pending order with 2 times bigger lot on the other side of the channel. When prices turn over, the lots are doubled.
This strategy is risky, but has the right to live. Try it on EURUSD manually on the history for about a year and see for yourself.

genfed >>:
Эта стратегия рискованная, но имеет право на жизнь. Попробуйте на EURUSD проторгуйте вручную на истории примерно год и убедитесь сами.

I don't feel like it )))) And given the overall riskiness of the strategy, the results are more than modest ))))

genfed писал(а) >>
Yesterday I came across this thread and found out that the strategy I have been successfully using on my trading account for a year now is called "Avalanche". In a year I managed to raise my initial deposit of 16000rub by about three times. I have a slightly different entry point. Between 0 and 6 o'clock I draw two parallel lines at maximum and minimum price and switch on my Expert Advisor that opens order when price crosses the line and simultaneously places pending order with 2 times bigger lot on the other side of the channel. When prices turn over, the lots are doubled.
This strategy is risky, but has the right to live. Try it on EURUSD manually on the history for about a year and see for yourself.

How many times a day do you take profits? I.e. how many complete cycles per day do you get?

khorosh >>:

Сколько раз в день вы фиксируете прибыль? Т.Е. сколько законченных циклов в день получается..

Approximately 90% of the entries end up taking profits on the same day. After that I do not trade any more. The rest I carry over to the next day

genfed писал(а) >>

Approximately 90% of the entries end up taking profits on the same day. After that I do not trade any more. The rest I carry over to the next day.

Do you use trailing?