Avalanche - page 100

I remember a post on the same forum - about the difference between graduates of the Moscow State University's Faculty of Mechanics and "ordinary" graduates of not so cool institutions.
A graduate of the Faculty of Mechanics makes a model of a phenomenon in formulas and shows it to his supervisor. The leader looks it over and makes a remark: "Allow me, but crocodiles do not fly, you know it yourself". He gets the following reply: "No way, I graduated from Mechmatics Department. Find a mistake in my formulas!".
Well, I'd better get out of here.

JonKatana >>:

С вами легко общаться - вы постоянно сами себя загоняете в ловушку.

Объясняю на примере: возьмем классическую "Лавину" - с удвоением противоположных объемов. Допустим, для начала безубытка нужно похождение ценой 40 пунктов от границы канала, а цена прошла только 20, вы закрыли прибыльные ордера и переставили заменяющий ордер на 10 пунктов дальше предыдущей границы канала. Так как в "Лавине" цена, выйдя за канал, всегда движется в сторону бОльшего объема, то вы закрыли прибыль в 20 пунктов УДВОЕННЫМ объемом. Далее, в худшем случае, цена проходит дополнительное расстояние в 10 пунктов ОДИНАРНЫМ объемом, увеличивая общий убыток на эти 10 пунктов ОДИНАРНЫМ объемом. То есть в момент открытия переставленного ордера вы получите 20х2 пунктов (2 - это коэффициент умножения объемов), а потеряете 10х1. 40 - 10 = 30. 30 пунктов, закрытых меньшим суммарным объемом, останутся у вас на счету.

А теперь вам - ваши же слова:

To be honest I didn't understand what you said at all...
The only thing I understood was that you said some nonsense...

Let's leave the subject of balance and equity for now, it's probably too hard to understand... Let's take it one step at a time...

If you want to reason with your fingers, let's do it...
Channel width 40 - as you say... Let's assume we've already had 4 flips and we're approaching the 5th. I.e. we are approaching the order 2^(5-1)=16 lots. We do not have enough funds to open an order of 16 lots.
As we are approaching the channel boundary we have 5 lots (1+4) with the minimum loss. At the border of the channel, the loss on these positions will be zero. I.e. the positions will simply be zero... And we have 2+8=10 lots with a loss of 40 points
In total, on the border of the channel we have (1+4)*0=0 (profit), and (2+8)*40=400 loss.

According to your logic, we should close something... Some profitable orders... (it's unclear where they came from, when we have not yet reached the channel boundary).

So what should we do? What orders should we close? Where did the profit orders come from?

khorosh >>:

Читайте внимательно топикстартёра- цена прошла 20 пунктов от границы (имеется ввиду наружу) все ордера находящиеся на этой границе получат профит в 20 пунктов без учёта спреда.

I read everything carefully. But you and the topic-starter don't seem to be reading me carefully... Or deliberately distorting what I write.

I repeat for those who are in the tank (in general, so it was asked the question originally). We are still inside the corridor - there are not enough funds to open a new order.
Actions????

What kind of move we are talking about "from the border"? If we cannot open a new lot on the border, it means that if we move "from the border", we will get a slash very, very fast - because we do not have enough funds to compensate for positions that are already at a loss.

Overdoing it and adapting the conditions to ourselves. As the questioner does - it is a sign that he simply does not know the answer to this question.
Because there is no such answer...
If we got in this situation, there are only 2 options: either we wait for the stake and cry over the losses. Or we can either replenish the deposit in the hope that the price will go further.

There are no other options here.

lexandros >>:
Если мы попали в такую ситуацию есть только 2 варианта: либо дождаться колю и плакать над убытками. Либо доливать депо в надежде, что цена пойдет дальше.
Других вариантов тут просто нет.
Why is that?
3) Close with losses without waiting for Kolya. Cry. Change strategy.

lexandros
it is clear to everyone that it is not possible to open indefinitely
just as it is clear that price will not sit inside a channel indefinitely
For any system it is possible to draw a chart on which it will sell out

Svinozavr >>:
Вы еще тщитесь объяснить? - Забейте. Я уже неоднокртано наблюдал результаты применения психотронного оружия под брендами "кривая баланса" и "локи" - это не лечится на наблюдаемой стадии.
(Иногда мне кажется, что топикстартер над нами откровенно глумится, и все он прекрасно понимает. Просто это такой способ развлечься и получить удовольствие.)

I'm leaning more towards the idea that he's a Cossack.

JonKatana писал(а) >>
This does not change the deposit in any way. For two oppositely opened orders of the same volume you will be charged the same amount of money as the deposit for one order. It is strange that you do not know this.

That is an incorrect statement. More precisely, it is only a rare case when the brokerage company declares zero hedged margin.
In most cases the margin for lots is between 50 and 100%.
You can check more precisely in the terms and conditions of your brokerage company or automatically by calling MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MARGINHEDGED);
Or like this:

In this case, the hedged margin (actual margin for the locking position) is 50% of the initial margin.

PapaYozh >>:

А я больше сконяюсь к мысли, что он - засланный казачёк.

No.... I'd probably agree more with the pig-saurus :))
More like Mr "Tro-lo-lo" :)))

For an assassin, the sneer is too obvious - not veiled...

lexandros >>:
Повторяю для тех кто в танке (вобщем то так и был задан вопрос изначально). Мы еще внутри коридора - средств на открытие нового ордера уже не хватает.
Действия????

Please don't tell them about the price inside the corridor. Avalanchephiles are very uncomfortable with this, they get nervous. ))) Look at the world optimistically through John's eyes. The first order has triggered and the price went further along the trend. And you calmly take a profit whenever you want, as Avalanche's founding father bequeathed. Of course, the strategy itself implies some kind of secret channels and reversals, but that is available only to the chosen few and it is not customary to speak about it aloud. )))

lexandros >>:
Повторяю для тех кто в танке (вобщем то так и был задан вопрос изначально). Мы еще внутри коридора - средств на открытие нового ордера уже не хватает.
Действия????
О каком движении "от границы" может идти речь? если мы не можем открыть очередной лок на границе??? значит если мы двинемся "от границы" мы словим колю очень и очень быстро - т.к. средств на компенсирование позиций которые уже в убытке нам не хватает.
Передергивание и подстраивание условий под себя. Как это делает топикстартер - есть признак толго, что он просто не знает ответа на этот вопрос.
Потому что такого ответа не существует...
Вернее он конечно существует, но далеко не такой радужный...Если мы попали в такую ситуацию есть только 2 варианта: либо дождаться колю и плакать над убытками. Либо доливать депо в надежде, что цена пойдет дальше.
Других вариантов тут просто нет.
Firstly, instead of sitting and waiting for the mandatory breakeven, accumulating a lot of reversals, you can (in your example) take your profit 4 times by rearranging - that is, closing profitable orders, followed by placing a compensating order.
Secondly, if you still missed all of those profits (although there is not a single reasonable reason for that and that is "tweaking the conditions to suit you"), then when the price is inside the corridor, when it moves towards a smaller volume and there is not enough money to place an order to double the volume opposite to what you have thought of.
The lion's share of the deposit in Avalanche is taken by collateral. Therefore, all you need to do in this situation is to close all orders on the far side of the price (the larger volume). You will make a loss equal to a fraction of the channel width, but you will get back the deposit for all orders with DOUBLE (larger) volume. If the price continues to move and goes beyond the boundary of smaller orders by volume - you will get a profit after, again, passing the distance of the spread + 1 point. After all, you set these conditions yourself - otherwise all is well - price moves towards the higher volume, as we need it to.