[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 617

tara:

Not interested.

________

And the mute question on page 615 -- normal and 15 words )

tara:

Want.

In front of you is a price chart with two interesting lines. Question: How do you draw these two lines without using anything other than a price chart?

ZS In real time.

And how ?

I suggest you remember vector analysis, field theory, etc.

The task is: Determine the characteristics of the field whose result is shown in the picture

Nikitoss: And how ?

Once again, please do not discuss this problem, as it is clearly a trading problem and also a guessing game. Let its author post it somewhere else.

This thread is an area where discussion of trader's tasks is not welcome.

P.S. Oleg, this also applies to your question.

TheXpert: Would you answer "woo" to the question "what would someone like you answer to the question "this road home?"?"?

Your questions are difficult, they are not easy to formalise into judgements with standard logical connectives. The term "like you" has to be deciphered, and that would take more than 15 words, as there are already 15 here. Nisachod, alas.

I can't analyse it, the question is unclear. He'll just punch you in the face for asking too difficult a question.

If someone like that answers "woo", then your question goes like this: Will you answer "woo" to the question "woo"?

Mathemat:

Difficult questions, not easy to formalise into judgements with standard logical connections.

Come on. I think it's easier to work with normal constructions than with xor, which by the way imho needs to be explained.)

We've been on a first-name basis for a while now, haven't we? Or have we?

The term "like you" needs to be deciphered, and that's more than 15 words, since it's already 15 here. No way, alas.

It's a nag. Your clone, your copy, similarly responding.... Take your pick.

Analyzing. Let X = "this road to the house". Then it goes like this:

Since we don't know which sounds are true, we have to code their meanings ourselves.

By the form "will you answer "uh-oh" to the question..." we encode "uh-oh" as truth for us. You can see the truth table :)

I specifically asked above for an example of how to solve a simple problem

TheXpert:

Alexey, show me an example of how to solve a dumb problem.

For example, a mute, armless truth-teller at the fork can say "yyyy" and "yoo" but it is unknown what these sounds mean, you need to find out the right way.

Answer: will you answer "woo" to the answer "is this the right way?"?

look at the answer sheet:

путь правильный: |    0    1

"ыыы"            |------------

0                |   ууу  ыыы

1                |   ууу  ыыы

Mathemat: Already a problem.

Hmm, gotta think.

TheXpert: We've been on a first-name basis for a while now, haven't we? Aren't we?

I only started writing "you" because you started it first for some reason :) Of course we're on a first-name basis.

I understand that we need to code ourselves, where else. I'm thinking the same thing.

About XOR: in everyday language it translates as "either..., or...". It's pure XOR with no options, i.e. 2 words.

I've corrected it a bit there, take a look. Maybe like this:

Would you answer "yoo-hoo" to a question like "is this the way home?"?

Mathemat:

Are you going to answer "woohoo" to a question like yours "this road home?"?

Nah, one nesting is lost. How about this?

"What would your clone answer to the question "would you answer 'yeeeee' to the question 'this road home'?"?"?

Mathemat:

About XOR: in everyday language it translates as "either..., or...".

I translate XOR in everyday language as "unequivalence"
And the problem (IMHO) has no solution

TheXpert: "What will your clone answer to the question "will you answer 'yyyy' to the question 'this road is home'?"?"

OK, the question is: What does your clone say about the judgement "you answer <<you>> to judgement X" ?

In the original version, the clone might get confused by the question marks at the end and punch you in the snout again, I've modified; here X = "This road is home".

Right?

MikeM: And the problem (IMHO) has no solution.

Your IMHO is not informative as you have not made any argument.