[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 606

Mathemat:
Of course, it's a matter of technique. Pay the Megamind a little bit and he'll come up with an idea.

not necessarily. Here, for example:

What would a liar say if he asked a truthful person "does a city dweller have a colour TV "?

That's it. Ala hooey.

moskitman:
(What would a liar say if I asked him "does a city dweller have a colour television"?
Not a liar, the other one.

moskitman: Что сказал бы лжец, если бы спросил у правдеца "есть ли у жителя города цветной телевизор"?

What are you doing? The liar asks the truth teller and then the liar tells Megamind? That's two questions already. Maybe so:

What would the liar say to me if he first asked the truth-teller "does the resident have a colour TV"?

Analyse.

If the truth-teller is in front of us and the resident actually has a TV, the answer is "no". The truthful person will say yes, and the liar will lie.

If we have a liar in front of us and the resident's TV is actually e, the answer is yes. The truth-teller will say "yes", the liar will make the answer "no" in the question, and the liar will make it "yes" again.

moskitman:

What would a liar say if he asked a truthful person "does a city dweller have a colour television "?

That's bullshit.)

TV is - liar YES - liar NO
TV is - liar NO - liar NO

no TV - liar NO - liar YES
No TV - liar YES - truthful YES

moskitman:

the telly is - the truth teller YES - the liar NO
TV is - liar NO - liar NO

Wrong. See above:

Mathemat: If the person in front of us is truthful and the TV resident actually has e, then the answer is no. The truth-teller will say yes, but the liar will lie.

If we have a liar in front of us, but the resident's TV is actually e, the answer is yes. The truth teller will say "yes", the liar will make the answer "no" in the question, and the liar will make it "yes" again.

In Russian terms the phrase makes no sense. A liar can say anything, as there is nothing to answer.

Maybe so -- how would a liar convey a truthful person's answer to a question...?

But I gave a simpler version above

TheXpert: But I gave a simpler option above
Which is? (What would the liar truth-teller say if I asked him "does a city dweller have a colour TV"?)

Mathemat:
Which one? (What would the liar truth-teller say if I asked him "does a city dweller have a colour television"?)

What would the other one say if I asked him "does the city dweller have a colour television"?

The other is a liar if we ask a liar, and a liar if we ask a liar.

Or rather the same )