[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 364

Uh, no. That's not the way to do it.

Here's the square wheels.

The challenge is to come up with a mechanism that allows you to ride them perfectly straight.

Well, if the point relative to which the "evenness" of movement is assessed is in the centre of the carriage, then it seems to be solvable. // Phase shift - I added it in case someone doesn't understand how.

===

You are not a good man, Alexey! ))) I've got other things to do.

Admins! How to make it so that personally for me this thread was not visible? I really need it!!!))

TheXpert писал(а) >>

Uh, no. That's not the way to do it. Here's the square wheels. The challenge is to come up with a mechanism that allows them to ride perfectly straight.

You don't have to invent anything. You just have to drive at an enormous speed. The higher the speed, the lower the amplitude of oscillation. A square rotating at breakneck speed is a circle :)))

Richie >>:

А ничего придумывать не нужно. Просто нужно ехать с огромной скоростью. Чем выше скорость, тем ниже амплитуда колебаний. Квадрат, вращающийся с огромной скоростью - это круг :)))

It seems to me that this problem means that the unsprung mass is perfect (the problem is also perfect!), i.e. =0, and the wheels will always be in contact with the roadway without "spans".

However, I have already written above how it is solved for the only person in the carriage.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

It seems to me that this problem means that the unsprung mass is perfect (the problem is also perfect!), i.e. =0, and the wheels will always be in contact with the roadway without "spans". However, I have already written above how it is solved for the only person in the carriage.

Here's what I found, there's even a video of the carriage :)) That's what I wrote about, I just don't know what these figures are called correctly.

Well yes, Richie, I had the same link prepared.

2 grell: formally there is no one-size-fits-all solution for all cases, of course. However, uniqueness of the solution in this case is explicitly stated in the problem statement.

Erm... "Read carefully. Otherwise it's a lie" (c) JonKatana.

2 Svinozavr: Petya, I've already requested the admins to enable branch invisibility several times. Ignored...

TheXpert >>:

Э нет. Так дело не пойдет.

Дано: квадратные колеса.

Задача -- придумать механизм, позволяющий на них ехать абсолютно ровно.

Man, that's a tough one. Probably not hopeless, though. I'm thinking. But so far the progress has been more than modest.

Richie & Mathemat: Nice resource. Both in content and presentation. It was a real pleasure to wander there.

Vladimir, don't break your brain. I may have overreacted, I'm thinking about it myself.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

to Richie & Mathemat: A nice resource. Both in terms of content and design. It was a pleasure to wander there.

Yeah, I liked it too. I wanted to draw a video, but it took a long time to draw it, I looked it up, it turned out to be on the internet.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

Man, that's a tough one. Probably not hopeless, though. I'm thinking. But so far, progress has been more than modest.

There's a simple solution to the problem. You put electronically controlled electromagnetic dampers on the carriage. Suppose the "diameter" of a square wheel is 80 cm, then the side of square is 56 cm, the difference is 24 cm. The shock absorber's job is to compensate for half of the difference - 12cm, which is feasible.

It's not quite the same, but worth a look (in IE6 - click refresh page);