[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 622

alsu:
.... well, like comparing two numbers double ...
Why not? You get a normal fractional ratio, quite the same double. :)

MetaDriver:
Why not? A normal fractional ratio turns out to be quite the same double. :)
It's just that the probability that two double numbers are equal is incommensurably less than the probability that one double number will fall into some given interval. I mean in that sense, like an analogy. We don't write in the program "if the price is equal to a given level", but instead it's more like "if the price has reached a given level or exceeded it by no more than 5 points".

Thanks guys, I've almost got it figured out... I'll write a script. I'm just saying... if at TP=SL I get a result

which I have a very low probability of achieving on a random walk, then it's cool!))

MikeM: I'm afraid that's not going to work with the dumb-ass guard. (

The dull-headed sentinel only shows himself in the number of words. But he knows the rules of formal logic by heart.

In addition, I gave another option through "either ... or". That would make sense to him.

If he doesn't understand the formal variant, explain what XOR is. Three words are enough: "XOR is an exclusive OR". I can do it in 15 words anyway.

MetaDriver: Why not? A normal fractional ratio turns out to be quite the same double. :)
That's not the point. When we solved Dima's problem, he had to sum up 31 such numbers. The numbers are big, very big, and then the sum is multiplied by 2^(-120). There might be an analytical formula, but I don't remember it. In short, it's easier through an integral, erf(x).

If it is f(t), it is a (random) process. It is not only the distribution, but also the ACF, for example, that is important for the process. There is no mention of this in the problem. The problem in this formulation makes no sense (imho).

Dima, don't turn this branch into a trading one, OK? Yury Reshetoff has created a branch on tervers (probably, as a spur to this branch). This question is more relevant there.

Aleksander:

You guys :-)

Fake. The numbers are photoshopped. The font doesn't match the original. And the colour.

MetaDriver:

Fake. The numbers are photoshopped. The font doesn't match the original. And the colour.
He's good at it... :-) Wasn't the only one seen doing it here...

Mathemat:

Pure mathematics and pure physics. A very difficult task. They don't do it at school, and neither do universities.

You have to calculate
- what acceleration a man experiences when he falls belly-first into the water from a height of 50 m in a circle;
- what force (pressure) is exerted on him when he enters the water;
- the depth to which the man will plunge into the water;

In short, expose this video.

Well, perhaps we should start with the wording of the problem condition. We don't have a radius in the condition. There is no height of the pyramid of people. Let's simplify the problem and say that not a pyramid falls, but a meter pole. Let it be a steel pole with a diameter of 30 millimetres. Let's neglect the resistance of the air.