[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 308

MetaDriver писал(а) >>
№337
== 100

How?

You've got to be kidding me. I was hoping for intrigue...
Prove it.

In my opinion, problem 337 has no solution at all.

You can't get any proof from you, Richie. At least a reasonable argument...

There is a square grid with square cells and wire cutters. Electrodes are connected to two opposite sides of the mesh along its entire length. In random order (at random grid coordinates) the wires of the grid are bitten. What percentage of wires must be bitten to break the circuit?
There are as many mesh cells in the grid as you want but as many as you want. Actually, it's more correct.

YUBA, there is something missing in your problem.
Mathemat, there is something missing in your 337 as well. It's not clear to me, can numbers repeat in this row?

No, they can't. Read the terms and conditions carefully, Richie.

Richie >>:

YUBA, в вашей задаче чего-то не хватает.

Better now?

Well, then we need to find the reason for the "non-shift". There is only one thing left to do - the number was marginal.

YUBA >>: Теперь лучше?

Still not enough. Where are the contacts between which the current is measured? The grid can be semi-infinite with the origin at the origin and the first contact. Then a bite of two is sufficient.

And if one of the contacts is somewhere in the centre of the grid, four around it is enough.