[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 588

Aleksander:

yes yes... close with rook :-)

although of course black is a mess...

I wrote that black is fucked, but not so obvious.... queen retreats, then we put a move to the white king with the black queen and it's on... You have to play here, mate in two moves is not possible imho, at least I don't see it

Europa:

Close with rook, with attack on queen, rook will be protected by king

Your next move ser...

Fc5 and after exchanging the queens white holds a pawn.

alsu:

With drawing

1. g4 fg 2. Kxg3

with drawing... Explain the trajectory of the black king... how he went to the corner - he couldn't - a pawn is standing there... but bypassing... Oh, man... I wouldn't do that to him :-)

alsu:
Fc5 and after exchanging the queens White holds a pawn.

Fc5 not understood....

Actually, I would reformulate the problem :) not what was White's last move, but why Black gave up ))))).

Here mate is not so obvious, i.e. how did White have to go (and who cares how, Black could have surrendered earlier), so that Black surrendered several moves before the coming mate.

Europa:

Fr5 not understood....

In general, I would reformulate the problem :) not what was White's last move, but why Black surrendered ))))).

Here the mate is not so obvious, i.e. how did White have to make such a move (and who cares how, Black could have surrendered earlier), that Black surrendered several moves before the forthcoming mate.

Position after the moves:

... Kr g1

Fr1 - Lf1

Fc5 - ...

Europa:

Fc5 not understood....

Actually, I would reformulate the problem :) not what was White's last move, but why Black surrendered ))))).

Here mate is not so obvious, i.e. how did White have to go (and who cares how, Black could have surrendered before) to make Black surrender several moves before the coming mate.

Fc5 check, Black's only way to protect himself from the checkmate is to hit the queen on C5, then hit it with a pawn and have two passed pawns, which are easy to implement.

alsu:
Fc5 check, Black's only way to protect himself from the checkmate is to hit the queen on c5, then hit him with a pawn and have two passed pawns, which are easy to implement.

I understand that, but if you think about it that way, then White's last move (whatever it is), I don't think it solves anything, White had a clear advantage even before the last move, imho.

well we'll eat the queens - you draw next... black pawn forward :-)

Aleksander:
well we'll eat the queens - you draw next... black pawn forward :-)

After black's move with any pawn white goes b6, threatening to put the queen. Play with yourself, you'll see that Black has no options here.

alsu:
Fc5 check, Black's only way to protect himself from the checkmate is to hit the queen on c5, then hit it with a pawn and have two passed pawns, which are easy to implement.

By the way, it's not so easy, we have a round left )))) we attack the white bishop right after the queens exchange