[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 587

ilunga:

The premise is wrong ;)

There are really not enough pawns for conversion

No, there are enough pawns, but one extra capture.

it's an option - if we consider 2-3 half-moves back...

conventionally black pawn was on F4, white pawn on G2... but then how did black king get there... unless he didn't go around :-) and didn't go through the 1st rank to the corner...

then if the black queen hacked on H5...

the white pawn has covered from the G2-G4 move...

black pawn captures white pawn and stands up F4-G3 - check to white king

and then the white king F3-G3... but fuck... how did the black king get in there :-)

===

- and with the queen, it's the same as with the bishop... the red variant cannot be - first pawns gobble up 5 pieces, pawn with g2 has to gobble up 6 pieces - which is impossible....

alsu:
The post above explains why any pawn option fails

Didn't read it, but in general, Black gave up for nothing, I don't see mate in 1-2 moves, of course Black has a bum, but he can still fight...

alsu:
No, there are enough pawns, but we get one extra capture.

I misspoke my point - there are not enough black pieces. Called them pawns for some reason.

In the case of king's move, there is 1 true scenario ;)

Aleksander:

it's an option - if we consider 2-3 half-moves back...

conventionally black pawn was on F4, white pawn on G2... but then how did black king get there... unless he didn't go around :-) and didn't go through the 1st rank to the corner...

then if the black queen hacked on H5...

the white pawn has covered from the G2-G4 move...

black pawn captures white pawn and stands up F4-G3 - check to white king

and then the white king F3-G3... but fuck... how did the black king get in there :-)

===

- and with the queen, it's the same as with the bishop... and red variant can be - first pawns gobble up 5 pieces, pawn with g2 should gobble up 6 pieces - which is impossible....

Yes, it appears that this is the only option with a pass takeover that would be acceptable.

Europa:

I didn't read it, but I don't see mate in 1-2 moves... Black's got a bum, but he can still fight...

And how do you plan to kick?

Now check by bishop, you can close from it either by rook or queen - in that case bishop is exchanged for both black pieces.

If you go king h1-g1, White has a queen on c1 and no chance of escape...

With drawing

1. g4 fg 2. Kxg3

ilunga:

if going king h1-g1, white moves queen to c1 and no escape option either

Close with rook, with attack on queen, rook will be protected by king

Your next move ser...

ilunga:

And how do you plan to kick?

Now check by bishop, and you can hide from it either by rook or queen - in that case the bishop is exchanged for both of Black's pieces.

If we move the king h1-g1, White moves the queen to c1 and there's no chance of escape either.

yeah yeah... close with rook :-)

although of course black is a mess...

Europa:

Close with rook, with attack on queen, rook will be protected by king

Your next move ser...

queen c5. You agree to exchange queens and then white pawns go up, I think you will agree that black has no chance