[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 540

moskitman:

At such distances, attempting to simply measure the speed of an object by Doppler shift radiation turns into an equation with at least two unknowns.

... which is why astrophysics has come up with many more methods to determine the characteristics of stars, and takes as an estimate of the true value those that more or less coincide when various independent calculations are applied. (By the way, to correctly calculate the Doppler shift for a massive emitter one must also know its mass, which at large distances will also require additional methods)

Agreed, good addition. (That's why I wrote "attempting a simple measurement of object speed by Doppler shift")

Reshetov:

... When astronomers report a supernova nucleation, what they really mean is supernova information...

Just like in forex...

And light in relation to light moving in the opposite direction at what speed?

At the speed of light, even first graders know that.

Mathemat:
With the speed of light, even first graders know that.

First graders don't know. I do.
It's just that my high school physics teacher was dumbfounded by my question......... ))

And the question about proving that there is no speed above the speed of light is also difficult to answer...

I haven't read Maxwell.

Svinotavr:
Elizabeth, do you think she (above) doesn't exist either?

Do you think it exists?

Svinotavr:

Do you think it exists?

Svinotavr:

Do you think it exists?

Svinotavr:
Elizabeth, do you think it (above) doesn't exist either?

I think it exists..... though Maxwell proves otherwise. The phase of oscillation in a wave can exceed the speed of light...

because we don't know much ... and there are still many discoveries to be made.