[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 473

PapaYozh: What's there to invent? Toothed rack + cogwheel with connecting rod.
Toothed rack + dog. They only take movement in one direction. And the reverse movement of the piston, how do you propose to take it?

sanyooooook:
Shura, come up with a 'mechanism'. I'll share it with you. Maybe I will.

Richie:
Shura, come up with a "mechanism". I'll share it with you. Maybe.

The key is a ratchet, if only the speed of the ratchet in one direction was the same, and the amplitude is different, it is necessary that the teeth in the ratchet have time to catch up.

ZS: as best I could.

the flywheel is decentralised)

Also, have you seen the bug torch?

sanyooooook:

If the piston moves for a very long time (distance) in one direction - against the pawl engagement - the mechanism will not work. The mechanism must work in both directions - this is the difficulty. The efficiency of the mechanism must exceed 50%.

Richie:

If the piston moves for a very long time (distance) in one direction - against the pawl engagement, the mechanism will not work. The mechanism has to work in both directions - that's the difficulty. The efficiency of the mechanism must exceed 50%.

then as already suggested, a toothed rack, longer than the maximum piston movement length, a gear wheel, and a ratchet, with forward and reverse shift, and a flywheel.

ZS:

Richie:
Toothed rack + pawl. They only take motion in one direction. And how do you suggest reverse movement of the piston?

What kind of doggie?

I repeat: Rack and pinion + Gear with connecting rod.

1. The rack is attached to the piston and moves progressively with the piston. The amplitude of the movement is limited by the length of the rack.

2. The teeth of the wheel are engaged with the teeth of the rack. The wheel performs a rotary movement, the direction of rotation of the wheel is directly dependent on the direction of the rack.

3. A connecting rod is attached to the wheel. The crank arm makes reciprocating movements, the amplitude of movement of the crank arm is constant.

PapaYozh:
Now I get it. It's a good solution.

sanyooooook:

then as already suggested, a rack, longer than the maximum piston movement length, a gear wheel, and a ratchet, with forward and reverse travel switching, and a flywheel.

Many wrenches have a switch, but how is it supposed to switch automatically here?

Richie:
Now I get it. Good solution.

I'd like to learn how to convert price movements into fluctuations with a constant amplitude "in this way" ;)