[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 421

alsu: In that case, if the bottom of the flask is painted .........
It would be a completely different principle of movement ...

alsu:
In this case, if we paint the bottom of the flask black and the lid white, we get a working photon engine - according to Kirchhoff's law, the bottom will radiate stronger and the difference of light pressures will create thrust in the right direction. The flask will fly even in space.

Yes, but first we need to take care of the flies and make them heat-resistant: they release lots of energy and heat up the flask!

Mislaid: Russian scientists have almost solved this problem http://www.amic.ru/news/119104/.

Here's more details.

My New Year's challenge:

Last year I gave my child a toy called a yoollock. You put it on a table or on the floor, spin it to a frequency of 2-5 revolutions per second and it spins for several days without stopping. Question: How is it possible that the yule could spin for such a long time? A child hasn't figured it out, have you?

Richie:

How is it possible that the yule could spin for such a long time?

I have two answers, the first is this: http://futurych.f5.ru/post/309621, i.e. a heavy rotating flywheel inside

and the second answer is this - bought a child locomotive roll and in the translucent body of the lights rotate, I thought the miracle of Chinese technology bought for mere coins - may be and mini generator built into the toy, but no - the Chinese cunning, they have battery pill-sized tablet in a wheel with lights hidden, perhaps in this miracle yule battery and on the principle of a gyroscope unwinds the top

I'll give you an answer tomorrow.

Richie:

There are not a few toys on the market that spin/swing under the influence of magnetic fields - it's just that these models have permanent magnets cleverly built in. An option?

Richie:
Tomorrow.
screwdriver and hammer to the rescue

Richie:

? It's tomorrow!

Answer:

The mystery of the yoola is that inside the yoola there is an electric motor, a flywheel, a battery and a control board for the motor and battery charge.
When the yoola is spun by hand, the gravity sensor on the control board is triggered. The motor is connected to the battery via a transistor and begins to spin the flywheel.

It goes without saying that the flywheel inside the yoley rotates in the opposite direction to the rotation of the yoley body. The inside of the yoola is well balanced and the surface is smooth, so little power is used for friction and oscillation, and the yoola can spin for a very long time. If you stop the yoola, the gravity sensor disconnects the motor from the battery.

Richie:

Answer:

Yay! I guessed two right answers at once ;)

ZS: running to get "off the shelf pie "