[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 403

Mathemat:

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://winnland.net/auction.php?aid=412

An interesting project. And probably super profitable for the organisers. It is interesting to take a closer look and see if there are any profitable strategies.

So, are there any real winners among your friends? It seems to me that clones are being produced by site administration with the same bets (it is impossible to check this in advance). I think there is no strategy in the sense that the calculation is for a freebie

By the way, my Kaspershch cursed at the website for some reason. There are no prizewinners among my acquaintances.

The task is easily formalised. I just wonder if there is a profitable strategy for it - even if on the scale of not one game, but a whole series, big enough statistically?

Mathemat:

By the way, my Kaspershch cursed at the website for some reason. There are no prize winners among my acquaintances.

The task can easily be formalized. I just wonder if there is a profitable strategy for it - even if on the scale of not one game, but an entire series, a fairly large statistically?

No, and there won't be.

Unlike the fora and the foundation...

Lexei, why did you start down the crooked paths?

Does moderator karma get in the way?

Or mountains of scribbled paper?

:(

No, I just saw it and was amazed at the profitability for the organisers. Besides, we agreed that tasks not related to trading are discussed here...

The problem came to me in a private message and I don't have time to solve it. It seems that there is not enough data:

Hello, could you help me solve this problem, how many students are there in the group if there are 24 students in English, 16 in French, 10 in German, 8 in English and French, 6 in English and German, and 4 in German and French?

Mathemat:

The problem came to me in a private message and I don't have time to solve it. It seems that there is not enough data:

Hello, could you help me solve this problem, how many students are there in the group if there are 24 students in English, 16 in French, 10 in German, 8 in English and French, 6 in English and German, and 4 in German and French?

I think there is a simple intersection of sets, although if it looks like that, it doesn't mean it is.)

I understand that this is an inclusion/exclusion problem. But something is missing in it - in the condition. Like "everyone learns at least one language". And it's not clear if there are people learning all three languages.

Probably an extra condition like, "everyone learns at least one but no more than two languages." But I'm not a telepath.

(24+16+10)-(8+6+4)=32 people in the group.

ZY: (24+16+10)-2*(8+6+4)=18 persons in the group. this is a tricky one ))))

There is a need for logic here, if AN is studied by 24 and AN and German. 6, I think there are those who only learn An and those who only learn German.

ZS: And if it is not said that there are those who learn all three languages, they do not exist))

ZZZI: but if they don't exist, then the above solution is wrong ))))

So, we draw Euler circles and consider that:

- there are no three languages (the intersection of all three is empty),

- there are no other languages,

- learning at least one language.

Then

24 (English + any) = 8 (a+f) + 6 (a+n) + x (only a)

Hence x = 10 (only one English)

Similarly

16 (f + any) = 8 (a+f) + 4 (n+f) + y (only f), y = 4

10 (n + any) = 6(a+n) + 4(n+f) + z (n only), z = 0

The total in the group:

10(a only) + 0(n only) + 4(f only) + 6(a+n) + 8(a+f) + 4(n+f) = 32.

Right?