[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 362

1 head. 2 arms. 6 legs. 1 tail. - it's a headless horseman, I guess;
3 heads. 2 legs. 1 tail is a recipe for soup from Chekatila :))) In all seriousness, I give up.

Mathemat >>:
Ладно, о том, что бананы на елке или яблоки на дубе, можно не заморачиваться. Но ведь есть откровенно бессмысленные задачи - 3, 4, 8, к примеру. Ответы зависят от того, как их воспринимать, - как шутки или всерьез.
Ну ладно, пошутить можно, но не во вред контексту.

Such tasks (provided they are properly presented by the teacher) form in the child not only a heightened sense of reality but also an accentuated sense of the abstractness of mathematics (all imho).

The old legend and the problem from the interview for the Moscow State University: an alarm clock showing 9:00 is released from the 9th floor; the height of the floor is 2,7 m. How long will the alarm clock show when the person who released it will look at it on the ground?

Urain писал(а) >>

According to an old legend, the problem from an interview at Moscow State University: The alarm clock showing 9:00 is let go from the 9th floor, the height of the floor is 2.7m, how long will the alarm clock show when the person who let it go will look at it on the ground?

From 9th to 1st is 8 spans. Let's say 15 seconds per floor, we get 15x8=120 seconds, i.e. 2 minutes. That's if you walk.
At 9:02, they'll be down. I think that's it.

Richie >>:

1 голова. 2 руки. 6 ног. 1 хвост. - это всадник без головы наверное;
3 головы. 2 ноги. 1 хвост - рецепт супа от Чекатилы :))) Если серьёзно - сдаюсь.

Great. my kids are the opposite. the headless horseman took a long time to read ((. 3 heads - dragon is )))

Urain писал(а) >>

Such tasks (provided they are properly presented by the teacher) form in the child not only a heightened sense of reality but also an accentuated sense of the abstractness of mathematics (all imho).

The old legend and the problem from the interview for the Moscow State University: an alarm clock showing 9:00 is released from the 9th floor, the floor height with the ceiling 2,7m how long will the alarm clock show when the person who released it will look at it on the ground?

And how was he let go? Free fall? That's about 4 seconds. If the alarm clock showed 9.00, it will show either 9.00 or 9.01, provided 9 is the hours and 00 is the minutes.

Parabellum >>:

С 9-го на 1-ый это 8 пролетов. Скажем 15 секунд на этаж, получаем 15х8=120 сек., т.е. 2 минуты.
В 9:02 спустят. Вроде так.

Well we argued at the institute for a long time too, we counted through the acceleration of gravity,

air resistance with the weight of the Soviet alarm clock can be neglected, etc.

There was even a theory that the speed at which an observer could safely descend should be calculated,

but practice showed that an alarm clock dropped from the 9th floor wouldn't tell the time at all,

as the alarm clock hands will be lying 3 to 5 meters away from the broken building.

I was really throwing the alarm clock, no kidding.

Ah, let go, and I read let go. It's different then.

Mathemat >>:
Посмотрите на себя в зеркало. Поднимите правую руку. Ваше отражение тоже поднимет руку, но будет казаться, что свою левую.
ОК, опустите голову. Ваше отражение тоже ее опустит.
Почему же, ёлы-палы, зеркало меняет правое и левое местами, а верх и низ не меняет?

The mirror does not swap left with right. It swaps the front with the back.

(With all but Ritchie) :-P

The mirror effect is most likely due to the position of the eyes. If we, like Cyclops, had one eye, this would not happen.
The eyes are at the same level (horizontal) so there is no change up and down.
But the symmetry relative to the nose reverses the picture. (optics focal length).
I don't know if it's bullshit. But I would answer it this way.

Prival >>:
эфект зеркала скорее всего связан с расположением глаз. Если бы у нас как у циклопов был бы 1 глаз то этого не было.
Гглаза находяться на одно уровне (горизонтальном) поэтому нет изменений вверх и в низ.
А вот симетрия относитель носа переворачивает картинку. (оптика фокусное растояние)
Незнаю может и бред. Но я бы ответил так.

So if you tilt your head sideways so that your eyes are vertical, the mirror will put your reflection upside down, right?