[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 274

Mathemat писал(а) >>

How many digits are in the number 2^1000?

2^10 is three + one, I know that for sure: 1024 :)

2^100 - thirty + one

2^1000 is three hundred + one.

That's some weird math, though.

But I overdid it: there are 302 digits, but it won't be easy to prove. The fact that there are at least 301 is easy to prove. But to prove that there are exactly 302, you'll have to do a lot of work.

Yes, I was wrong, I checked in Excel: 2^1000=1.0715E+301

I can't today, I'm not thinking straight :) I'll think about it tomorrow. I'm trying to solve many of your problems, but most of the time I can't, it's easier to pass maths in postgraduate school :)

Oh, come on. It's an olympiad problem, you have to think.

Come on, relax, practice something else tomorrow :)

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Oh, come on. It's an olympiad problem, you have to think about it.

Honestly, I'd like to talk to teenagers who can solve them. I haven't met any :)

I met and even studied with them for two years afterwards. I was in the middle of the class :)

Mathemat писал(а) >>

I met and even studied with them for two years afterwards. I was in the middle of the class :)

We had some too. Two. One went relatively far, but no further than a civil servant. So did the other. But no one became a trader.

Well, you don't need a lot of brains to be a trader. But to learn how to trade brilliantly, with outstanding results, you need brains.

I have loved taking risks since I was a child. They were 'mama's boys', afraid to take risks. Maybe that's also the reason. And then, why break their brains, you can suck up to the state properly :)